Please note that this list is far from exhaustive and not updated frequently.
Articles and Books (rev. Feb 2013) [.rtf]
Competition and Investment in Air Transport: Legal and Economic Issues (Springer, 2016)
- The Global Navigation Satellite System, Ashgate Publishing Limited, England, U.K., 2001
- Aviation Antitrust, published by Kluwer, The Netherlands, 1987.
Bashor, Harold Will
- The Moon Treaty Paradox, Xlibris Corporation (October, 2004).
- with Ricky J. Lee. "Legality of the Deployment of Conventional Weapons in Earth Orbit: Balancing Space Law and the Law of Armed Conflict," The European Journal of International Law, Vol. 18, no. 5, pp 873–901.
- "Code of Conduct for Military Operations During Internal Hostilities," International Institute of Humanitarian Law, (Sanremo, Italy: 2001).
- "The true value of aviation insurance" (Co-author) Swiss Re Technical Publication, Zurich, Swiss Reinsurance Company, 2004
- "Flight to quality - Financial security in the aviation insurance market" (Co-author) Swiss Re Technical Publication, Zurich, Swiss Reinsurance Company, 2002
- "Alliances: Beyond Marketing, Facing Reality" (Co-author) contained in the volume entitled Handbook of Airline Strategy, New York: McGraw Hill, 2001
- "Risk and Capital Management - A New Approach for a New Era". Contained in Handbook of Airline Operations, New York: McGraw Hill, 2000
- "The Aviation Insurance and Reinsurance Market", contained in the volume entitled Handbook of Airline Finance, New York: McGraw Hill, 1999
- (Edited by) Law and Politics in Space (McGill University Press, Montreal) (1964)
- Annals of the Court Of Cassation’s General Assembly Judgments, (2 volumes) (Amman, Legal Consultancy Centre, 2005).
- The Jordanian Civil Code Interpretation Encyclopaedia, (19 volumes) (Amman, Legal Consultancy Centre, 2004).
- The Analysis of the Jordanian Labour Law, (Amman, Legal Consultancy Centre, 2003).
- The Jordanian Commercial Law Interpretation, (2 volumes) (Amman, Legal Consultancy Centre, 2002).
- Traders Commercial Law Encyclopaedia, (2 volumes) (Amman, Legal Consultancy Centre, 2002).
- Foreign Direct Investment Laws in Jordan, (Amman, Legal Consultancy Centre, 2001).
- Dictionary of International and Comparative Law, 3rd ed. Oceana Publications, Inc., 2003. First edition (1992) won Choice Magazine’s Outstanding Academic Books Award in 1993; Best Legal Reference Books of 1993 by Law Library Journal. Second edition published 1997.
- The Regulation of International Commercial Aviation, Oceana Publications, Inc. (1992-96)
- Famous Aviation Lawsuits, 1995, Lib. of Congress Cat. # 96-96-080, ISBN 0-9650336-0-0
- "Chief Takes Command", in Dog World Magazine, 1990.
- Guide to Surplus U.S. Military Aircraft, 1972.
- Bird Dog Information Guide, 1969.
- Ratemaking in International Air Transport: A legal analysis of international air fares and rates, Kluwer, The Netherlands, 1978, xii pp., 172 pp.
- Pricing and Capacity Determination in International Air Transport: A legal analysis, Kluwer Law and Taxation Publishers, Deventer / Boston, 1984, xv pp., 210 pp.
- (with M.G. Bridge and P.A. Crépeau), Recovery of Damages for Loss of Future Earnings. Canadian and Comparative Studies, Quebec Research Centre of Private and Comparative Law, 1987.
- (with J.E.C. Brierley, P.A. Crépeau and R.P.Kouri), Private Law Dictionary and Bilingual Lexicons, Quebec Research Centre of Private and Comparative Law, 1988.
- (with E. Mackaay), New Netherlands Civil Code, Patrimonial Law (Property, Obligations and Special Contracts), Kluwer Law and Taxation Publishers, Deventer / Boston, 1990 (in English, Dutch and French).
- (with E. Mackaay), New Netherlands Civil Code, Book 8. Means of Traffic and Transport, Kluwer Series of Legislation in Translation 6, 1995.
- (with Mackaay, Warendorf and Thomas), Netherlands Business Legislation (NBL), Kluwer Law International, first published in 2000, loose-leaf, with (bi)-annual supplements (last supplement, no. 13, December 2004).
- (with Mackaay, Warendorf and Thomas), The Civil Code of The Netherlands Antilles and Aruba, Kluwer Series of Legislation in Translation 17, 2002.
- The Law and Policy of Air Space and of Outer Space, A Comparative Approach, Kluwer Law International, The Hague / London / New York, 2003, xvi p., 311 pp.
- New Legislation For The Lease and Hire of Business Premises Under Dutch Law, Reprinted from Netherlands Business Legislation, by Peter Haanappel, Ejan Mackaay, Hans Warendorf and Richard Thomas, Warendorf, Amsterdam, 2004.
- Legal Basis for a National Space Legislation, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, Boston, and London, 2004.
- Commercial Space Law. International, National and Contractual Aspects, Depalma, 1997.
- International Air Law (in Persian). Iran: Frozesh, 2002.
- "Unfallhaftpflicht in Luftverkehrssachen" (in Co-Autorenschaft mit RAin Dr. Marietta Benkö. Köln; 233 Seiten; Cart Heymanns Verlag. Köln 2000, ISBN 3-452-24844-5)
- "Haftung und Versicherung im internationalen Lufttransportrecht" (410 Seiten, Verlag Peter Lang, Frankfurt/Main, 1998; Reihe: Studien zum Europäischen und Internatlonalen Wirtschaftsrecht, Band 5, ISBN 3-631-33196-7)
- "Law and Policy of Substantial Ownership and Effective Control of Airlines - Prospects for Change". Ashgate Publishing Limited, England, U.K., 2003.
- World Wide Space Law Biography (The Carswell Company, Ltd., Toronto & Ed. Pedone, Paris)(1978)
- World Wide Space Law Biography, Vol. II (The Carswell Company, Ltd., Toronto & Ed. Pedone, Paris) (1988)
Lu, Angela C
- International Airline Alliances: EC Competition Law/US Antitrust Law and International Air Transportation. The Hague, Kluwer Law International, 2003.
- Le Fret Aerien (ICDAS McGill, Montreal; The Carswell Company, Ltd, Toronto & Ed. Pedone, Paris) (1979)
- Air Cargo Regulations and Claims (Butterworths & Co., Scarborough) (1983)
Mateesco Matte, Nicolas
- (Edited by) Arms Control and Disarmament in Outer Space (CRASL McGill, Montreal) (1987).
- (Edited by) Telesat, Symphonie et la Cooperation Spatiale Regionale (Ed. Pedone, Paris) (1978).
- (Edited by) Space Activities and Emerging International Law (ICASL McGill, Montreal) (1984).
- Aerospace Law: Telecommunications satellites (Butterworths & Co., Scarborough) (1983).
- Droit Aerospatial : Les Telecommunications Par Satellites (Ed. Pedone, Paris) (1982).
- Treatise on Air-Aeronautical Law (ICDAS McGill, Montreal; The Carswell Company, Ltd, Toronto) (1981).
- Space Policy and Programmes: Today and Tomorrow – The Vanishing Duopole (ICASL McGill, Montreal & Ed. Pedone, Paris) (1980).
- Traité de Droit Aérien Aéronautique (Ed. Pedone, Paris) (1980).
- Aerospace Law: From Scientific Exploration to Commercial Utilization (The Carswell Company, Ltd., Toronto) (1977).
- The Legal Implications of Remote Sensing from Outer Space [with DeSaussure, Hamilton (Edited by)] (A.W. Sijthoff, Leynden) (1976)
- The International Legal Status of the aircraft Commander / Le Statut Juridique International du Commandant D’Aeronef (The Carswell Company, Ltd., Toronto & Ed. Pedone, Paris) (1975).
- Droit Aérospatial (Ed. Pedone, Paris) (1969).
- Aerospace Law (Sweet & Maxwell, London) (1969).
- De La Mer Rerritoriale a L’Air Territorial (Ed. Pedone, Paris) (1965).
- Traite de Driot Aerien-Aeronautique (Ed. Pedone, Paris) (1964).
- (Edited by) The International law of Communications (A.W. Sijthoff, Leynden & Oceana Publications, New York) (1970).
- [with Martin A Bradley (Edited by)] New Frontiers in Space Law (A.W. Sijthoff, Leynden & Oceana Publications, New York) (1969).
- [with Martin A Bradley (Edited by)] Freedom of the Air (A.W. Sijthoff, Leynden & Oceana Publications, New York) (1968).
Robinson, George S.
- "Space Law: A Case Study for the Practitioner-Implementing a Space Telecommunication Concept", (with P. Meredith), Martinus Nijoff,(1992).
- "Envoys of Mankind: A declaration of First Principles for the Governance of Space Societies" , Smithsonioan Institution Press, Washington, DC (1986).
- "Spacetrek: The Endless Migration", ( with J.Glenn) , Stackpole Press, Harrisburg, Pa. (1978).
- "Living in Outer Space", Public Affairs Press, Washington, DC (1975).
Schlumberger, Charles E.
- "Open Skies for Africa: The Implementation of the Yamoussoukro Decision", World Bank Publications,(2010).
- Monograph (with D. Todicem), Serbia and Montenegro, Environmental Law, International Encyclopedia of Laws, Supplement 37, Kluwer Law International, The Hague, London, New York, 2002.
- Edited (with D. Todic) The Right to Adequate Environment, (in Serbian) a comparative analysis of the Aarhus Convention and relevant Yugoslav legislation, REC and the Yugoslav Forum for Environmental Protection of the Danubian Basin, Belgrade 2001
- (with D. Todic) International organizations in the field of environmental protection (in Serbian) "Prometej", Novi Sad, 1999
- Environmental Protection and the United Nations (in Serbian, with a summary in English), Belgrade, 1985
- Protection and Improvement of the Environment-International Legal regulation (in Serbian with a summary in English), Belgrade, 1980
- International Law and the Development of Science and Technology (in Serbian, with summaries in English and Russian), Belgrade 1978
- Globalization and the Limits of National Merger Control Laws, International Competition Law Series, Vol. 10, (Kluwer Law International, The Netherlands, 2003).
Articles: Recent publications (2002-2011)
- El Desafío de la Quinta Jurisdicción en la Convención de Montreal: Instituto Jurídico y Realidad Comercial (The Fifth Jurisdiction: Legal Principle and Commercial Reality), in Transporte Aereo Internacional, ALADA Series, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2002.
- "Intellectual Property Rights in Outer Space and Patents", p.121-155 in S.S. Singh (ed.), The Law of Intellectual Property Rights (New Delhi: Deep & Deep Pub., 2004)
- (with R. Jakhu) "Legal Aspects of Space Tourism", Proceedings of 45th colloquium on the Law of Outer space, International Institute of Space Law, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2002,p. 112-132.(IA Congress paper no. IAC-02-IISL.2.09, 2002).
- "Commercial Remote Sensing and Canadian Security Needs," in Commercial Remote Sensing and UN Peacekeeping Operations, ed. E. Neely (London, England: Ashgate, 2004).
- The Ambit of the Law of Neutrality and Space Security. 2006. Israel Yearbook on Human Rights Vol. 36, pp. 205-229
- National Security Law in Outer Space; The Interface of Exploration and Security. 2005. JALC Vol. 70, No. 1, pp. 3-62
- "The US Doctrine of Space Control and the Law of Neutrality". Paper presented at the 1st Conference on Military Space for Europe, Association aéronautique et astronautique de France (AAAF), Paris, April 2005.
- The use of commercial Satellite Imagery in the Implementation and Enforcement of International Humanitarian Law. 2004. Proceedings of the 28th Sanremo Round Table. International Institute of Humanitarian Law.
- Law of Armed Conflict (LOAC) and the Neutralisation of Satellites or Ius in bello satellitis". 2004. Oxford Journal of Conflict and Security Law. Vol. 9, No. 1: pp. 43-69. (Reprinted in The Library of International Law, Ashgate Publishing, London, SPACE LAW, 2007.)
- Legal Regime for Keeping Outer Space Free of Armaments: Prospects?. 2002. Annals of Air and Space Law, Vol. XXVII: pp. 109-137.
- Use of Nuclear Power Sources in Outer Space, Key Technology Legal Challenges, Journal of Space Law 2004, Vol.30, n°2
- Policy and Law Consideration on Space Exploration Recent Developments, Symposium on Space Policy, Law and Economics, Emerging Issues in Space Policy and Law, IAC, October 2004, Vancouver
- Space for Entrepreneurs and Tourists: Some Legal Issues, 7th ISU Annual International Symposium: "Beyond the International Space Station: The Future of Human Spaceflight", International Space University, Strasbourg, June 2002, published by Rycroft Ed. in ISU Symposium Proceedings.
- "Risky Business?: The Aviation Reinsurer's Perspective" Annals of Air and Space Law, Vol. XXVII, 2002, Montreal, McGill University, 2002
- "War, Hijacking, Terrorism and Aviation Insurance - Protecting against Abuse" Bulletin of the Association Suisse de Droit Aerien et Spatial/Schweizer Fachzeitschrift für Luft- und Weltraumrecht, 2/2001, Winterthur: ASDA, 2001.
- "Mexico’s Sectors: Telecommunications Services" Mexican Forecast, February 28, 2002.
- "Mexico’s Sectors: Telecommunications Services" North American Free Trade & Investment Report, February 28, 2002.
- "Panama Opens its Telecommunications Sector" Latin American Law and Business Report, August 31, 2002.
- "Eine Kleine Legalresearchmusik," 11 Perspectives 123 (2003).
- "Hasty Justice" - Vol. XXIX (2004) Air & Space Law, No. 6 page 452.
- "Airport Operator as Independent Contractor" - Vol. XXVIII (2003) Air & Space Law, No. 2 page 97.
- "Liability in Contract and Tort under Aircraft Lease Agreement" - Vol. XXVI (2001) Air & Space Law, No. 1 page 56.
- The Commercialization, corporatization and privatization of airports and air navigation services: some matters of legal principle, with particular reference to safety, (2005) 4 Journaal LuchtRecht 4-8.
- The New EU Denied Boarding Compensation Regulation of 2004,(2005) 54 Zeitschrift für Luft- und Weltraumrecht 22-31.
- Competition Between Network, Feeder and Low-Cost Airlines, (2004) 53 Zeitschrift für Luft- und Weltraumrecht 532-550.
- Slot allocation at community airports. A revised Council Regulation and a Commission Working Document of the Year 2004,(2004) 3 Journaal LuchtRecht 254-258.
- The Open Skies Cases, (2003)2 Journaal LuchtRecht 26-27.
- Report of two conferences: the aftermath of September 11th 2001 and Europe’s external air transport relations, (2002) 1 Journaal LuchtRecht 154-159.
- Law and Aerospace Health Problems, (2002) XXVII Annals of Air and Space Law 327-333.
- International Aviation Framework and Implications for Canadian Policy, Research conducted for the Canada Transportation Act Review, DOT research papers on Internet, March 2001, pp. 44-63.
- Airline Ownership and Control, and Some Related Matters, (2001) XXVI Air and Space Law 90-103.
- Creating the Right Legal and Aeropolitical Climate to Promote International Hub and Spoke Operations, in: Air and Space Law in the 21st Century, Liber Amicorum Karl-Heinz Böckstiegel, Carl Heymanns Verlag KG, 2001, pp. 88-98.
- Common EU Aviation Policy in the 21st Century, with Particular Reference to Its External Relations, (2000) 12 The Korean Journal of Air and Space Law 66-77.
Book chapters [.pdf]
- "Lex Mercatoria Spatialis - The Things They Don't Teach You In Law School" in: T. Schomerus & E. Zenz (eds.) 10 Jahre Wirtschaftsrecht in Lüneburg (Baden-Baden: Nomos, 2005)
- (with Gungaphul) "Problems related to Change of Ownership with Respect to Registration" in S. Hobe, B. Schmidt-Tedd & K.-U. Schrogl (eds.) Current Issues in the Registration of Space Objects (Cologne: DLR / Institute of Air and Space Law of the University of Cologne, 2005)
- (with Smith) "Institutional Challenges for Space Activities in Europe" (IAC-04-IAA.5.13.1.04)
- (with Hermida) "Change of Ownership, Change of Registry? Which Objects to Register, What Data to be Furnished, When, And Until When?" (2003) Legal Subcommittee of the United Nations COPUOS
- (with Smith) "Legal Parameters of Space Tourism" (IAC-03-IISL.1.09)
- (with Wins) "Industry's Views on National Space Legislation" in K. H. Böckstiegel (ed.) Project 2001 - Legal Framework for the Commercial Use of Outer Space (Cologne: Carl Heymanns, 2002)
- "LEO Constellations - Quo Vadis After End-of-Mission?" in: H. Sawaya-Lacoste (ed.) Proceedings of the 3rd European Conference on Space Debris (Noordwijk: ESA Publications Division, 2001),
- "Constellations: Loss or Profit?" (2001) Proceedings of the International ISU Alumni Conference
- "UNISPACE III: The Space Generation Forum" (2000) German Journal of Air & Space Law
- "Air Carrier Ownership and Control Revisited at the Fifth Worldwide ICAO Air Transport Conference" (2003), Vol. XXVIII Annals of Air and Space Law 19 to 56.
- The Consequences of Absence, Non-Delivery or Irregularity of the Passenger Ticket (in Persian), East Azerbaijan & Ardebil Bar Association Law Review, No. 1, Vol. 1, Winter 2005, PP. 24-35.
- The Use of Force Against IR655 and KE 007 in the Light of International Law (in Persian), Vol. 1, 2001, Law Essays, East Azerbaijan & Ardebil Bar Association, pp. 179-213.
- Air Law and the Illegal Transport of Narcotic Drugs, (in Persian), Summer 2001, Vol. 4, Law and Politic Research Journal, Allameh Tabatabaei University, pp. 95-125.
- The International Flow of Television Programms: Regulation of Direct Broadcasting from Satellite (in Persian), Fall & Winter 2000-2001, Vols. No. 2 & 3,Law and Politic Research Journal, Allameh Tabatabaei University, pp. 95-125
- International Law Concerning the Prohibition Against Using the Environment as an Instrument of War, Summer 2000, No. 4, The Environment and Security Journal, pp. 141-167.
- Liability of International Air Carrier According to Warsaw System (in Persian), Summer 2000. no. 48, Journal of the Faculty of Law and Political Science, Tehran University, pp 5-47.
- Air Carrier's Liability in China Law and Practice in Mainland China and in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), Zeitschrift für Luft- und Weltraumrecht, 52. Jg. 2/2003, pp206-220 (in English)
- The Handling of the Concorde Case, Chinese Lawyer, 10- 2003, Vol. 156, pp 25-27. (in Chinese)
- "The US/China Aviation Collision Incident at Hainan, in April 2001 " China's Perspective, Zeitschrift für Luft- und Weltraumrecht 51. Jg. 4/2002, pp 557-570 (in English)
- Liability of International Air Carrier for Passenger Death & Injury "Warsaw System" and its Application in China, China Civil Aviation Sept. 9 , 2002, Vol. 21, pp 68-71. (in Chinese)
Book chapters and articles [.pdf]
Lu, Angela C
- "ECJ Ruling on Open Skies Agreement v. Future International Air Transport Relations," JOURNAL OF AIR AND SPACE LAW (February 2003) (With Frederik Sørenson and Wilko van Weert).
- "International Airline Alliances: Competition Law and International Air Transportation," XXVII ANNALS AIR & SP. L. 401 (2002).
- "Airline Alliances: A Modern Trend in International Air Transportation," Chinese Academics & Professionals in Europe Proceedings of the XII Convention, 217 (2000).
- "The Debate Over the Weaponization of Space—A Military Legal Conspectus," Annals of Air & Space Law, Vol. XXVIII (2003).
- "Space Force Alpha—Military Use of the International Space Station and the Concept of Peaceful Purposes," Air Force Law Review, Vol. 53 (2002).
- "Use of Force in Response to Cyber attack on Commercial Space Systems— Reexamining "Self-Defense" in Outer Space in Light of the Convergence of U.S. Military and Commercial Space Activities," Journal of Air Law and Commerce, Vol. 67, No. 4 (Fall 2002).
Robinson, George S.
- "No Space Colonies: Creating a Space Civilization and the Need for a Defining Constitution", 30 Journal of Space Law , No. 1, pp. 169-179 (2004).
- "NASA’s Accountability for Life and Informed Public Consent: Planetary Protection and Evolving law, The Air and Space lawyer, PP. 9-11, 26, American Bar Association (Winter 2003).
- "Legal Rights and Accountability of Cyberpresence: A Void in Space Law/Astrolaw Jurisprudence, (with R. Lauria), Annals of Air and Space law, Vol. XXVIII (2003).
- " Future Private Commercialization of Space Resources: Foibles of Applicable law", Annals of Air and Space Law, 495-526, Vol. XXVII (2002).
- "The Present and Future of Humankind in Space: No longer a Sanctuary of Transcendent Principles?", Annals of Air and Space Law 527-534, Vol. XXVII (2002).
- Joanne Irene Gabrynowicz & Jacqueline Etil Serrao, An Introduction to Space Law for Decisionmakers, 30 (2) Journal of Space Law 227 (2004).
- J Jacqueline Etil Serrao, The Unidroit Convention and Aircraft Protocol: Do the Opt-Out Mechanisms Dilute the Power of the Instruments?, in SECURED TRANSACTIONS IN INTERNATIONAL PRACTICE (Oceana Publications, Inc., Dobbs Ferry, NY, September 2003).
- Jacqueline Etil Serrao, Global Versus Unilateral Measures to Protect the World’ s Environment – Implications for the Air Transport Industry, XXVII Annals of Air and Space Law 551 (2002).
- Legal and Institutional Framework - Environmental Jurisprudence, contribution for the Project "Hellenic - Serbian cooperation on environmental institution building", Point 2, Athens, 16 - 18.03.05. Homepage of the "Nomos and Physis":
- Participation of Serbia and Montenegro in Environmental Cooperation in South-eastern Europe, Review of International Affairs, No. 1114, April - June 2004, pp. 16 - 18.
- Some Basic Characteristics of Legal Regulation of Environmental Protection in Serbia, Danubius, 3-4/2003, pp.13-15.
- (With Dragoljub Todic) Present State and Prospects of Further Development of the Yugoslav Environmental Legislation, ELNI (Environmental Law Network International) Review, Darmstadt, No. 1 2002, pp. 40-43
- Arguments in Favor of FR Yugoslavia s Accession to the Aarhus Convention, Review of International Affairs, No. 1106, April-June 2002, pp.38-44
- Harmonization of Environmental Legislation as One of Key Conditions For Co-operation With The European Union-The Case of Yugoslavia (Serbia and Montenegro), paper for The 10th International Conference on European Studies,Havana, 1-4 October 2002
- Legal Regulation of Water Protection in the EU and Countries in Transition, Legal Aspects of Sustainable Water Resources Management, Proceedings of the Regional Conference on Water Law, Edited by Dr. Slavko Bogdanovic, Teslic, 2001, YuAWL and IWLRI, Novi Sad 2002, pp. 319-329.
- "Weaponization of Outer Space: US National Policy," Annals of Air and Space Law, Volume XXIX (McGill University, Montreal: January 2005); also published in High Frontier (Air Force Space Command; Spring 2005)
- "Integration of Military and Civilian Space Assets: Legal and National Security Implications," The Air Force Law Review, Volume 55 (Fall 2004)
- "Space Law: Past, Present, and Future," High Frontier (Air Force Space Command; Fall 2004), with Carol Hattrup
- (with R. Janda), Has Europe Kickstarted the Global Liberalization of Airline Ownership and Control?, in Business Briefing: Aviation in Transition - Challenges & Opportunities of Liberalization. (2003)
- (with R. Jakhu), The U.S. Export Policy Regime: The Case of Communication Satellites, Annals of Air and Space Law, Vol. XXV, at 157 (2000).
This web page has been recently added to the IASL Web Site. There are many more faculty and alumni publications that have not yet been included. Are you an IASL Graduate who has recently published? lysanne [dot] larose [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Email the webmaster). We will include your more recent publications in our web site. Because of space consideration on this page, only articles and books published in the last five years will be added. If your publication list is long, please send it in a PDF and we'll make that file available as your entry.