1. LEADING ARTICLES:
- The 2004 Damascus Agreement: Liberalizing market access and ownership rules for Arab air carriers: Alan Khee-Jin Tan
- Legal aspects of aircraft financing in China: Qian Chen
- Collecting, preserving and presenting evidence in domestic and foreign aircraft accident cases: Stuart R. Fraenkel, Michael G. McQuillen Anthony U.
- Worldwide Safety of Civil Aviation: Harold Caplan
- Implications of Full Transparency in the ICAO’s USOAP: Jimena Blumenkron
- Aviation Security in Canada and the US: Kamaal Zaidi
- The Oil Price Spike of 2008: Charles E Schlumberger
- The Extension of EU Emissions Trading Scheme to Aviation Activities: Martin Bartlik
- Aircraft Registration: Legal and Regulatory Issues: Ruwantissa Abeyratne
Avant-propos / Preface
In Celebration - Bin Cheng
I. LEADING ARTICLES / ARTICLES DE FOND
The Montreal Convention of 1999 and the Smoking Wreckage of “Accident”
PAUL S. DEMPSEY
Blacklisting: Banning the Unfit from the Heavens
The Liability of Air Navigation Services for Air Traffic Delays and Flight Cancellations – The Impact of EC Regulation 261/2004
Enjoy a moot trial where witnesses will be examined and cross-examined, and evidence introduced including computer-based accident simulations. At the end, the trial lawyers will be invited to explain their strategic and tactical approaches.
- Have the courts overstepped their jurisdiction in interpreting passenger rights regulation around the globe and does this ultimately benefit passengers as intended?
- What are the future prospects for passenger rights legislation in Europe and elsewhere?
- What is the legal exposure of air navigation service providers and airports as a result of flight delays, cancellations and denied boarding?
- What are the US regulatory rules on airline advertising of services and fares and where are they applicable?
- Are market based measures the solution to CO2 emissions?
- EU Emissions Trading Scheme - Consistent with international law?
- Is a global sectoral approach realistically achievable or are equivalent measures the way forward?
- What is ICAO's framework on market-based measures, and what is its plan of action on climate change?
- What environmental challenges does the ICAO 37th Session of the ICAO Assembly face?
Chair: Alejandro Piera - Advisor, United Arab Emirates Delegation on the ICAO Council