1. LEADING ARTICLES:
- The 2004 Damascus Agreement: Liberalizing market access and ownership rules for Arab air carriers: Alan Khee-Jin Tan
- Legal aspects of aircraft financing in China: Qian Chen
- Collecting, preserving and presenting evidence in domestic and foreign aircraft accident cases: Stuart R. Fraenkel, Michael G. McQuillen Anthony U.
- Worldwide Safety of Civil Aviation: Harold Caplan
- Implications of Full Transparency in the ICAO’s USOAP: Jimena Blumenkron
- Aviation Security in Canada and the US: Kamaal Zaidi
- The Oil Price Spike of 2008: Charles E Schlumberger
- The Extension of EU Emissions Trading Scheme to Aviation Activities: Martin Bartlik
- Aircraft Registration: Legal and Regulatory Issues: Ruwantissa Abeyratne
Avant-propos / Preface
In Celebration - Bin Cheng
I. LEADING ARTICLES / ARTICLES DE FOND
The Montreal Convention of 1999 and the Smoking Wreckage of “Accident”
PAUL S. DEMPSEY
Blacklisting: Banning the Unfit from the Heavens
The Liability of Air Navigation Services for Air Traffic Delays and Flight Cancellations – The Impact of EC Regulation 261/2004
- What are appropriate airline, airport, ANS and manufacturer strategies in responding to the identified challenges?
- Should we pursue sectoral or geographic approaches to environmental protection?
- The work of the UNFCC and GIACC
- What does the future hold?
- Does liberalization of air transport services enhance or jeopardize industry economic health?
- What are the rights of the passenger against excessive taxation?
- Can we design a security system and culture that is both effective and efficient?
Professor Dr. Michael Milde Retires
Prof. Dr. Michael Milde retired in 2006 from the Faculty of Law, the year in which he turned 75. He is an accomplished scholar, teacher, lawyer, and a gentleman.