Manager Finance (MR1850)
Manager Finance (FIN3B)
The Faculty of Medicine has embarked on an innovative administrative initiative that will realign its departmental Financial and Human Resources services into Administrative Excellence Centres (AEC). This key mission has prompted the Dean’s office to raise its the bar of excellence in how our clients are supported in the fields of finance and general management. Under the direction of the Senior Director, Administration and Operations and as a senior member of the Financial Affairs team, the Manager Finance will support the Dean and various Associate Deans in providing key financial analysis and recommendations aligned to support the strategic focus and mission of the Faculty of Medicine. The Manager Finance is responsible for the overall financial management of all funds within the deanery including operating, special, endowment and research accounts. The Manager Finance will act as a key liaison and resource to the AEC’s financial experts for matters including budgeting, compliance and reporting. Manage a team of six people (including management and support staff).
- Establish and implement financial plans, strategies and controls. Manage the internal and/or external reporting of the faculty’s financial position, and ensure an accurate reflection of the financial position through the formulation, administration and implementation of generally accepted accounting principles, regulations and controls.
- Ensure all internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
- Provide senior guidance and leadership to department members and other professionals on various academic and administrative issues related to financial management.
- Participate in establishing strategic direction of the unit and oversee implementation of short and long-term plans required for the efficient delivery of accounting services.
- Undertake in-depth analysis of highly complex accounting issues, assess impact to the University/unit, articulate alternatives and recommend solutions.
- Ensure implementation of new initiatives that support the strategic direction of the department/unit by keeping abreast of new developments and trends in field of expertise.
Minimum Education & Experience:
Five (5) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
Extensive knowledge of accounting and financial management. Ability to administer funds and prepare detailed budgets. Knowledge of McGill fund types (or other University) including experience working with research grants. Ability to effectively communicate and interact with various levels of staff and academics. Service-oriented with excellent customer service skills and the ability to establish productive working relationships quickly. Demonstrated ability creating comprehensive financial statements; preparing reports for financial auditors; working with complex formulas and creating detailed professional reports. Proficiency with computerized applications including spreadsheets, databases, word-processing software, Banner FIS, Crystal reports. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Proven organizational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines. Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team. Ability to train and motivate staff. Proven success in facilitating and maintaining strong, consistent, and positive communications to a diverse audience. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills in both English and French. Finance designation is an asset (CMA or CGA).
Reporting To:Senior Director Administration & Operations
Salary Range:(Grade 07) $62,300 - $83,100 (midpoint) - $108,100
Faculty/Unit:Faculty of Medicine, Financial Affairs
Hours Per Week:33.75
How To Apply: