Generic Job Description - A-V, Graphic Design & Photo Coordinator
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, oversees the day-to-day operations of an audiovisual facility. Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others and participates in their training. Establishes priorities and schedules of projects. Coordinates execution of projects and service which require audiovisual, graphic design and photographic techniques. Prepares quotations. Develops procedures and makes recommendations to improve unit efficiency. Develops methodology. Designs, builds, operates and maintains a variety of highly complex audio-visual systems. Plans and designs graphic materials. Acts as resource person, resolves problems and instructs others. Administers accounts. Prepares budget proposals. Maintains equipment. Maintains records.
1. Oversees the day-to-day operations of an audiovisual facility. Coordinates the execution of experiments, projects and services which require audiovisual, graphic design and photography techniques. Establishes priorities and ensures adherence to schedules. Ensures efficiency and quality of output.
2. Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others, and participates in their training.
3. Participates in the development and implementation of unit procedures and work methods. Makes recommendations to improve unit efficiency including recommendations on staff requirements.
4. Reviews and analyzes project submissions. Advises on feasibility. Establishes time and cost estimates. Prepares quotations.
5. Designs, modifies, builds, installs, tests, operates and maintains a variety of highly complex audio-visual systems.
6. Reviews, tests, evaluates and modifies equipment and methodology. Develops methodology. Assesses equipment needs. Coordinates the provision of equipment. Designs or fabricates specialized equipment. Oversees equipment loans.
7. Analyzes, researches and designs graphic materials and information packages used for teaching, publication and display purposes. Plans the layout, form, choice of materials and overall appearance of assignments.
8. Plans and executes audiovisual and photography assignments. Prepares designs using graphic software, data-processing software and specialized tools.
9. Takes photographs and operates a darkroom. Develops films and edits images.
10. Acts as resource person, resolves problems and instructs others. Provides technical guidance and assistance concerning work methods, the operation of a wide range of audiovisual equipment and related techniques, and the analysis of results.
11. Participates in the development and the selection of teaching aids. Participates in lab instruction of courses and setting exams. Participates in the correction of students' written work, such as laboratory reports and assignments.
12. Compiles experimental and analytical data. Prepares reports. Analyzes and discusses results and their interpretation with others. Maintains records and files.
13. Maintains computerized information systems and participates in their development.
14. Performs accounting functions such as monitoring expenditures, verifying ledgers and resolving discrepancies. Forecasts costs of supplies, materials and equipment. Prepares invoices. Prepares budgets or budget proposals.
15. Ensures compliance with safety regulations in the use of equipment. Ensures proper storage, handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
16. Maintains equipment and performs repairs. Arranges for servicing.
17. Maintains inventory. Recommends and purchases equipment and material.
18. Keeps abreast of new developments in the field to update skills and knowledge.
19. Uses a variety of equipment and instruments such as a camera, enlarger, cutter, duplicator, personal computer, photo composer, drawing board, illuminated table, printer, digital converter, processor, press and machines for coating, light meters, ocsilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators, photographic equipment, recorders, printers and editing equipment.
20. The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEC III (Multimedia or Graphic Design or related)
Four (4) years' related experience