Generic Job Description - Senior Athletic Facility Attendant
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, is responsible for the maintenance and safe operation of an arena facility and related machinery and equipment. Performs repairs and renovations not requiring the services of a certified trade. Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others and participates in their training.
1. Maintains an arena facility, including hockey boards, tempered glass, support systems, changing rooms, washrooms, spectator areas and storage areas.
2. Maintains arena machinery and equipment, including nets and moorings, scoreboard, sound system and flood cart, etc.
3. Maintains ice surface, including its yearly installation and removal.
4. Monitors arena operations during programs and events, providing access to equipment and services. Ensures compliance with unit and safety regulations.
5. Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others and participates in their training.
6. Collaborates with supervisor to optimize unit operation.
7. Purchases and maintains inventory of materials and supplies under area of responsibility.
8. Participates in the maintenance of other areas within the athletic facility such as the gymnasium, pool and weight rooms.
9. Utilizes machinery such as ice resurfacing machine, ice edging machine, skate sharpener and different hand tools.
10. The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
High School Leaving
Six (6) months related experience