Generic Job Description - Deputy Building Director/Safety Officer
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, controls access to a building and rooms. Acts as resource person concerning building and safety issues. Distributes keys and notices. Plans, organizes and implements safety procedures. Conducts training sessions and audits of laboratories. Ensures safety regulations are followed. Assumes responsibility for room bookings. Maintains records.
1. Controls access to a building by programming access computer. Maintains security camera. Assigns temporary I.D. cards and controls distribution of keys.
2. Plans, organizes and implements safety procedures. Develops and conducts training sessions. Disseminates general safety information.
3. Audits laboratories to ensure adherence to safety regulations. Ensures proper storage, handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
4. Acts as resource person concerning building and safety issues. Liaises with others concerning building and waste management problems. Ensures follow-up.
5. Controls use of rooms and motorized vehicles. Assumes responsibility for room bookings. Maintains and updates database.
6. Oversees the fire monitor program. Participates in training sessions and ensures smooth operation of fire drills.
7. Approves notices and updates notice boards.
8. Organizes meetings and maintains student files.
9. Uses a variety of office equipment such as a computerized information system, calculator, photocopier, etc.
10. The list of duties and responsibilities outlines above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEP (Intervention and Security)
First Aid Certificate
Two (2) years' related experience