Generic Job Description - Computer Laboratory Coordinator
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, provides information and explanations to users. Monitors equipment and software. Performs routine maintenance. Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others, and participates in their training. Maintains databases and documentation related to the unit.
1. Provides information on the services offered by the unit. Provides explanations concerning the operation of equipment and software.
2. Monitors equipment and software. Performs routine maintenance. Solves minor technical problems. Refers complex problems to supervisor.
3. Updates and maintains databases. Produces reports, lists and documents related to the activities of the unit.
4. Maintains a cash register and prepares deposits.
5. Maintains and provides access to documentation.
6. Maintains inventory of supplies within area of responsibility. Ensures the cleanliness and order of the work area.
7. Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others, and participates in their training.
8. Uses office equipment such as a personal computer, photocopier, laser printer and scanner.
9. The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEP (Computing Support)
Two (2) years' related experience