Generic Job Description - Client Support Representative (Security Systems)
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, provides first-line technical support to users experiencing difficulties with system network, application and software. Installs, configures, tests and upgrades hardware and software. Processes service requests by clients. Acts as resource person and resolves problems, either remotely or on-site. Instructs others and provides technical guidance. Performs adjustments and minor repairs. Maintains equipment.
1. Performs activities for the daily operation of the University’s central security system, which includes the alarm monitoring system, the card access system, and the network camera system.
2. Performs activities for the daily operation of the University’s key management system. Assists with the key request process by providing material and information to the locksmith. Updates and maintains records.
3. Installs, configures, and tests software related to security or other field.
4. Maintains equipment. Performs adjustments and minor repairs. Arranges for and follows up on major repairs and servicing. Ensures the cleanliness and safety of work area.
5. Acts as resource person and resolves problems concerning the use of security systems resources or others systems. Provides technical guidance and assistance, electronically, via telephone, or on site.
6. Understands and meets customers’ immediate service needs quickly and accurately. Processes services requests promptly.
7. Proposes and assists with applications and computerized tools according to the needs of the unit or problems encountered.
8. Recommends purchases of equipment and materials to ensure efficient and optimal use of security systems resources or other systems. Maintains inventory.
9. Trains new users and provides refresher tips to current users.
10. Maintains records and prepares documentation related to activities of the unit.
11. Uses equipment such as computers, printers, modems, computer diagnostic tools, multimeter, servers, etc.
12. The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEC III (Computer Science Technology or Office Systems Technology or Police Technology or related field).
Requires a security permit for Electronic Security Systems from le “Bureau de la Sécurité privée”.
Two (2) years related experience