Generic Job Description - Building Technology Coordinator
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, oversees the day-to-day operations of an architectural design unit. Organizes, distributes, and verifies the work of others and participates in their training. Coordinates the work of consultants, contractors and site inspectors. Acts as resource person, resolves problems and provides technical advice. Prepares estimates, construction drawings and scope of work. Determines work schedules. Perform site inspections. Approves change orders.
1. Oversees the day-to-day operations of an architectural design unit. Organizes, distributes and verifies the work of others, and participates in their training.
2. Reviews construction projects submitted. Evaluates existing site conditions. Prepares feasibility studies and preliminary budgets. Determines work schedules.
3. Verifies existing site conditions. Develops and prepares designs, drawings and scope of work.
4. Designs and prepares construction plans such as site plans, demolition plans, and architectural specifications, floor plans, etc. Ensures designs comply with building code requirements.
5. Acts as resource person, resolves problems and instructs others. Provides technical guidance and assistance concerning work methods, the use of equipment and techniques.
6. Coordinates work of consultants, architects and contractors. Provides information and ensures compliance with specifications and standards.
7. Performs site inspections. Verifies work and that projects are on schedule. Resolves problems. Approves alternate work and change orders. Prepares deficiency reports.
8. Liaises with contractors, engineers, project managers, site inspectors and manufacturers.
9. Maintains files and documentation. Prepares reports.
10. Maintains equipment and performs repairs. Arranges for servicing.
11. Maintains inventory. Recommends and purchases equipment and material.
12. Keeps abreast of new developments in the field to update skills and knowledge.
13. Uses equipment such as computers, drafting aids and software, printer, calculator, drafting table and different measuring tools.
14. The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEC III (Architectural Technology)
Three (3) years' related experience.