Clinical Manager, Medical Simulation Centre (MR7550)
Clinical Manager Sim Centre (ADM3A)
The Clinical Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient daily operations of the Centre and for providing leadership and guidance in respect to all learning activities. Partners with stakeholders in the Faculty of Medicine and McGill affiliated hospitals to provide world class medical simulation services to both students and clients. Responsible for ensuring the quality standards necessary to maintain the Centre’s international reputation for excellence and compliance with various accreditation agencies.
- Manages, plans and coordinates the daily operations of the Simulation Centre and implements changes to optimize the use of Centre resources.
- Implements, coordinates and refines the simulation educational activities.
- Liaises with end users and instructors and optimizes communication between instructors/faculty and Sim Centre staff.
- Assists with clinical simulation training activities when required.
- Manages all human resources activities of the Centre. Assists with recruitment and training of all Sim centre staff. Supervises Sim Centre staff (unionized and non-unionized).
- Ensures the collection of data that will be used to inform future decision-making.
- Provides recommendations to Directors regarding procurement of equipment and physical infrastructure.
- Assists the Directors in developing, prioritizing and implementing the goals and objectives of the Centre.
Minimum Education & Experience:
Five (5) years' related experience
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
Previous clinical work experience in a hospital. Previous work or background in education with experience successfully developing and coordinating clinical learning and teaching activities. Knowledge of instructional design considered a strong asset. Demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate multiple teams and complex activities. Familiarity with simulation modalities and vendor management. Excellent judgment, communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to manage staff in a fast paced environment. Ability to liaise with diverse populations including staff, learners, instructors and faculty from different clinical backgrounds. Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to highly complex problems. English and French, spoken and written.
Reporting To:Program Director
Salary Range:(Grade 07) $62,300 - $83,100 (midpoint) - $108,100
Faculty/Unit:Faculty of Medicine, Medical Simulation Centre
Hours Per Week:33.75
How To Apply: