Friday, May 27, 2016
McGill University - Human Resources
POSITION COVERED BY THE MUNACA-PSAC BARGAINING UNIT
Administrative Coordinator (PED 00034, DD009J, Level 009J)
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, provides administrative and secretarial support. Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of the unit's operations. Acts as resource person for policies and procedures. Administers unit accounts. Assists in the organization of unit activities. Responsible for documents and files of the unit. Maintains computerized information systems.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains supervisor's agenda. Sets up appointments, reminds supervisor of appointments and organizes schedule according to priorities.
- Schedules meetings, contacts participants and books meeting rooms. Assists with preparation of agenda. Attends meetings, takes minutes, and follows up on decisions within area of responsibility.
- Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of the unit. Recommends procedural changes to enable unit to function more effectively. Collaborates with supervisor and others in establishing work priorities. Follows up on and ensures appropriate implementation of decisions made by supervisor.
- Acts as resource person regarding the unit's policies and procedures. Resolves problems within area of responsibility. Consults relevant documentation and liaises with appropriate resource persons to obtain and provide information on diverse and complex issues.
- Provides information to callers and visitors. Determines reason for call or visit and prepares necessary documents. Directs callers and visitors to appropriate resource persons. Assesses need for intervention of other resource persons and arranges appointments as necessary.
- Updates, prepares and coordinates publication of documents such as publicity brochures, departmental handbooks, and annual reports. Drafts correspondence and other short documents of a complex nature. Formats documents and edits for grammar, spelling and accuracy. Takes notes and types various documents such as correspondence, reports, memos. Signs certain documents.
- Screens and sorts mail. Prepares files attaching appropriate supporting documentation and researching information as required. Responds to requests within area of responsibility. Notes required actions and ensures follow-up.
Education & Experience:
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Four (4) years related experience
Other Qualifying Skills And/Or Abilities:
Demonstrated organizational, priority-setting skills and proven ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Proven ability to compose correspondence and to proofread documents using appropriate spelling, grammar, punctuation, and formatting in French and English. Must be resourceful, client-focused and service-oriented with a demonstrated ability to listen and to assist executives /senior university administrators and prominent donors/volunteers. Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail. Proven ability to coordinate a complex calendar and to set up, arrange complex meetings. Demonstrated communication skills and a proven ability to transmit and receive information accurately both in writing and verbally. Proven ability to work in a PC environment using specialized databases, word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, e-mail, and the Internet. Experience with maintaining information on a database with the ability to track and update records accurately. Knowledge of financial tasks such expense reports, purchase order set-up and invoice payments. English, spoken and written; French, spoken and written.
$22.27 /h - $30.73 /h
Hours Per Week:
How To Apply:
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number, via email to: staffing [dot] dev [at] mcgill [dot] ca.