Site navigation (skip):
To register, view your current registration status, or cancel your registration for a course, please sign in using your McGill ID and Minerva PIN. If you do not know your ID and PIN, please contact IST Customer Support Help Desk at 398-3398.
OD - Organizational Development module
Coaching for Performance
|Target population:||Managers with a supervisory role|
|In times of change, coaching skills are more vital than ever to maintain employee engagement, productivity and accountability. This workshop will assist you in coaching your employees to develop their technical and behavioral competencies and maximize their contribution. This workshop is both a complement to the Performance Dialogue workshop and a “stand alone”, as you strive to promote a positive culture of performance in your area with all groups of employees.
In this one-day workshop, participants will:
• Explore their preferred leadership style and its implications on coaching strategies;
• Explore different types of coaching and when to use them with your employee(s) (e.g. for performance and improvement)
• Learn to recognize the difference between leadership and supervision, and the role each has on employee performance;
• Learn how to prepare a coaching conversation aligned with Performance Dialogue processes;
• Practice the fundamentals of effective coaching behaviors using concrete scenarios (e.g. maintaining appropriate boundaries, coaching questions and effective responses/reflections, dealing with real issues while avoiding escalation, etc.).
This hands-on session is a pre-requisite to “Managing Difficult Conversations”.
Back to course listing.