Site navigation (skip):
To register, view your current registration status, or cancel your registration for a course, please sign in using your McGill ID and Minerva PIN. If you do not know your ID and PIN, please contact IST Customer Support Help Desk at 398-3398.
MGTSK - Skill Development module
Project Management (For Management & Excluded)
|Target population:||All staff members in management and excluded positions|
|The course includes a combination of lectures, demonstrations, and group work using real life case examples. Class size is limited to ensure a high level of interactivity.
The workshop is designed to provide participants with:
• A generic “5-step” framework for managing projects that is consistent with the worldwide “Project Management Institute Book of Knowledge”, and can be applied on any project;
• The ability to “read” project environments, detect and diagnose barriers and roadblocks, and prepare strategies for moving their projects forward;
• The skills and methods to apply at their workplaces immediately.
• A broad context of the subject and potential avenues for continued learning.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
• Position projects and deadlines within a common “5-step” framework;
• Quickly map out an action plan for moving a project forward, or getting a project back on track;
• Use and adapt key templates and processes supporting the 5-step framework;
• Understand the role and challenges of the “project manager” function; and
• Understand how a project management tool (ex: Microsoft Project) may help him/her fulfill this role.
For more information, please contact us at Organizational Development: OD.HR@McGill.ca.
Back to course listing.