Site navigation (skip):
To register, view your current registration status, or cancel your registration for a course, please sign in using your McGill ID and Minerva PIN. If you do not know your ID and PIN, please contact IST Customer Support Help Desk at 398-3398.
LDP - Leadership Development Program
LDP Change Agent Stream - Group Dynamics & Facilitation
|***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WORKSHOP IS OPEN TO LDP MEMBERS ONLY***
Groups play a critical role in the effectiveness of the University, as we seek to empower employees, do more with less and adapt to the constantly changing environment. With varying roles, responsibilities, and levels of authority, change agents across the University guide work teams toward effective communication, problem solving, decision making and innovation. Their interventions may involve specific team events or projects or be an ongoing part of day-to-day interactions.
Building on knowledge and skills developed in the core program, this one-day workshop will give participants insight into how to develop a team that is more than the sum of its parts. It will provide them with:
• an understanding of the dynamics of group processes in the context of the University culture;
• knowledge and strategies to motivate and empower teams;
• practical methods for handling challenging group dynamics;
• a diagnostic approach to identifying and solving problems that can undermine the group process; and
• sound facilitation tools and tips.
Back to course listing.