Site navigation (skip):
To register, view your current registration status, or cancel your registration for a course, please sign in using your McGill ID and Minerva PIN. If you do not know your ID and PIN, please contact IST Customer Support Help Desk at 398-3398.
LDP - Leadership Development Program
LDP Core Program - Team Dynamics
|***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WORKSHOP IS OPEN TO LDP MEMBERS ONLY***
- Provide supervisors with a clear vision of their role as leaders, motivators, and organizers in a group environment .
- Familiarize participants with key concepts of how to manage and influence behaviour of groups and teams.
- Provide essential tools that can be used on a daily basis to create an environment that will foster motivation, participation and discretionary effort.
By the end of the course, participants will know how to:
- Communicate and manage employees in even the most difficult situations;
- Draw on their leadership style to create a clear set of guidelines and principles that govern their work place;
- Delegate assignments for success and motivation;
- Build a plan to influence key employee behaviours that impact performance;
- Give and receive feedback to create a work environment based on trust and information sharing;
- Identify key drivers that motivate teams and groups;
- Maximize their own management strengths to become better team leaders.
Back to course listing.