Site navigation (skip):
To register, view your current registration status, or cancel your registration for a course, please sign in using your McGill ID and Minerva PIN. If you do not know your ID and PIN, please contact IST Customer Support Help Desk at 398-3398.
LEAD - Leadership module
Listening & Effective Communication (for Clerical and Technical Staff)
|Target population:||All clerical and technical staff|
|A key component of effective leadership (and expression of Emotional Intelligence) is Listening and Effective Communication.
When working with others, much of what is meant and wanted gets "lost in translation," opening the door to unproductive conflict. Our capacity to build a bridge with diverse others hinges on our ability to see the whole picture, to seek to understand and to be understood.
In this one-day workshop, participants will:
• Learn to adapt their listening and interaction styles in order to have a positive impact on others;
• Develop strategies to identify and overcome listening barriers, reduce conflict and improve performance in the workplace;
• Learn how to communicate in ways that allow the needs of those involved to be met;
• Learn how to build trust by modifying behaviors and manner of speech;
• Improve interactions with stakeholders through a renewed confidence in communication strategies.
Back to course listing.