Site navigation (skip):
To register, view your current registration status, or cancel your registration for a course, please sign in using your McGill ID and Minerva PIN. If you do not know your ID and PIN, please contact IST Customer Support Help Desk at 398-3398.
LEAD - Leadership module
Emotional Intelligence (For Clerical & Technical Staff)
|Target population:||All clerical and technical staff|
|During the last 100 years, the IQ test has been our predominant method of testing cognitive intelligence and human potential. However, IQ and technical competencies are no longer enough to guarantee success. In today’s work environment, emotional intelligence - how we manage our own emotions and our interactions and communications with others - contributes directly to our professional effectiveness, success and personal well-being.
Emotional Intelligence is the ability to:
1. Recognize our own feelings and those of others;
2. Motivate ourselves; and
3. Manage emotions effectively in ourselves and others.
This one-day workshop will provide participants with:
• An introduction to a model of Emotional Intelligence and associated competencies;
• An understanding of the importance of Emotional Intelligence in their workplace;
• Greater awareness of their own specific strengths and challenges in this area; and
• Strategies for enhancing their own work performance and their working relationships through effective communication and improved management of the emotional impact of working with others.
For more information, please contact us at Organizational Development: OD.HR@McGill.ca.
|LEAD||Emotional Intelligence (For Clerical & Technical Staff)||1 day||Oct 21, 2016||Please sign in to register|
|Maximum Number of Participants||15|
Back to course listing.