Site navigation (skip):
To register, view your current registration status, or cancel your registration for a course, please sign in using your McGill ID and Minerva PIN. If you do not know your ID and PIN, please contact IST Customer Support Help Desk at 398-3398.
LEAD - Leadership module
Group Dynamics & Facilitation (For Management & Excluded)
|Target population:||All staff members in management and excluded positions|
|Groups play a critical role in the effectiveness of the University, as we seek to empower employees, do more with less and adapt to the constantly changing environment. With varying roles, responsibilities, and levels of authority, change agents across the University guide work teams toward effective communication, problem solving, decision making and innovation. Their interventions may involve specific team events or projects or be an ongoing part of day-to-day interactions.
By the end of this workshop, participants will:
• Gain insight into how to develop a team that is more than the sum of its parts;
• Gain an understanding of the dynamics of group processes in the context of the University culture;
• Enhance knowledge and strategies to motivate and empower teams;
• Learn practical methods for handling challenging group dynamics;
• Discover a diagnostic approach to identifying and solving problems that can undermine the group process; and
• Gain sound facilitation tools and tips.
For more information, please contact us at Organizational Development: OD.HR@McGill.ca.
Back to course listing.