Site navigation (skip):
To register, view your current registration status, or cancel your registration for a course, please sign in using your McGill ID and Minerva PIN. If you do not know your ID and PIN, please contact IST Customer Support Help Desk at 398-3398.
MGTSK - Skill Development module
Project Management II - School of Continuing Studies
|Project Management II Course Objectives:
Apply specific templates and tools (including Microsoft Project) to set up and plan projects
- course ‘Project Management Fundamentals’ or equivalent
- prepared 1-page draft ‘Project Charter’ (i.e. their own project)
- 5 hours classroom, 2 hours ‘computer lab’
- Each participant performs the set-up of a ‘real project’ that they bring to the course
- Customize and apply project management templates and tools to fit the specific needs and situation of a real project.
- Create a Project Plan including a work breakdown structure and time estimates.
- Use Microsoft Project to assess and adjust the plan, assign resources and present the high level schedule.
- Review and take away a modular e-learning training package that may be used by the participant in their own time, to learn further capabilities of MS Project (example - tracking project progress) as and when the project needs dictate.
Back to course listing.