Site navigation (skip):
To register, view your current registration status, or cancel your registration for a course, please sign in using your McGill ID and Minerva PIN. If you do not know your ID and PIN, please contact IST Customer Support Help Desk at 398-3398.
MGTSK - Skill Development module
Project Management I - School of Continuing Studies
|The course is designed to provide students:
* a generic “5-step” framework for managing projects that is consistent with the worldwide “Project Management Institute Book of Knowledge”, and can be applied on any project
* ability to “read” project environments, detecting and diagnosing barriers and roadblocks, and prepare strategies for moving their projects forward
* skills and methods that they can apply at their workplaces immediately
* a broad context of the subject and potential avenues for continued learning
The course includes a combination of lectures, demonstrations, and group work using real life case examples. Class size is limited to ensure a high level of interactivity.
BY THE END OF THE COURSE, PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO…
* position their projects and deadlines within a common “5-step” framework
* quickly map out an action plan for moving the project forward, or getting the project back on track
* use and adapt key templates and processes supporting the 5-step framework
* understand the role and challenges of the “project manager” function
* understand how a project management tool (ex MS Project) may help him/her fulfill this role
Back to course listing.