Site navigation (skip):
To register, view your current registration status, or cancel your registration for a course, please sign in using your McGill ID and Minerva PIN. If you do not know your ID and PIN, please contact IST Customer Support Help Desk at 398-3398.
LDP - Leadership Development Program
LDP Core Program - Leading Change
|***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS WORKSHOP IS OPEN TO LDP MEMBERS ONLY***
(Previously called Managing Change)
The workshop and follow-up session are designed to achieve four objectives:
• Help participating managers refine models and techniques explaining how change works, particularly how employees react to change, the best managerial responses to these reactions, and the steps to effectively manage the change process.
• Understand the particular dynamics of resistance to change and learn techniques to manage these aspects.
• Enable participating managers to handle difficult employee situations.
• Provide managers with concepts and tools to enable them to manage themselves, to perform at a high level and to manage their stress levels during a period of change.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
• Use various tools to analyze a situation where change needs to be introduced;
• Assess the attitudes and reactions of staff members to the proposed change;
• Prepare a plan of communication regarding the change they want to introduce; and
• Effectively deal with difficult employee situations that occur during a period of change.
For more information, please contact us at Organizational Development: OD.HR@McGill.ca.
Back to course listing.