Site navigation (skip):
To register, view your current registration status, or cancel your registration for a course, please sign in using your McGill ID and Minerva PIN. If you do not know your ID and PIN, please contact IST Customer Support Help Desk at 398-3398.
OD - Organizational Development module
Project Management (Full Day)
|Target population:||All staff members|
|Project management is the application of appropriate tools and techniques to help project managers and their teams achieve successful delivery on desired end results.
This course provides:
* a framework for managing projects that is proven, adaptable, and consistent with the practice standard (“Project Management Institute Book of Knowledge”)
* insight into why projects succeed or fail, and how to anticipate and deal with barriers and roadblocks
* knowledge of project management fundamentals and vocabulary. (The course is a prerequisite for a ‘level 2’ course on applying processes and planning tools to ongoing projects.)
* understanding of the potential role of planning tools on certain types of projects.
The course will be of most value to those working with (or leading) project teams.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
* position their projects and deadlines within a simple “5-step” framework
* map out a plan to address issues and move the project forward or get it back on track
* use and adapt templates provided to organise and manage a project
* deal with situations and engage stakeholders in supporting the project
Back to course listing.