Site navigation (skip):
To register, view your current registration status, or cancel your registration for a course, please sign in using your McGill ID and Minerva PIN. If you do not know your ID and PIN, please contact IST Customer Support Help Desk at 398-3398.
OD - Organizational Development module
McGill's Performance Dialogue Process
|Target population:||All staff members in management and excluded positions|
|Effective Performance Dialogue involves a partnership between supervisors and employees and is based on the annual planning and regular review of pre-established individual objectives, linked to unit priorities. Conducting timely and substantive performance dialogue sessions with employees is a fundamental responsibility of McGill supervisors, in alignment with best practices in organizational effectiveness. Staff members want to know how they are performing and how they can continue to develop their competencies in accordance with the evolving needs of the institution. Performance Dialogue supports a culture of continuous learning for individuals, teams and the institution at large.
In this session, participants will:
1. Learn about the evolving role of Performance Dialogue in Organizational Effectiveness at McGill;
2. Gain an overview of the revamped Performance Dialogue process and tools;
3. Learn how to use the 7 new Behavioral Competencies to enhance appraisals, planning and career development.
4. Learn how to write SMART objectives that are linked to unit objectives.
5. Prepare to assume an active role in Performance Dialogue and self-development.
Back to course listing.