Site navigation (skip):
To register, view your current registration status, or cancel your registration for a course, please sign in using your McGill ID and Minerva PIN. If you do not know your ID and PIN, please contact IST Customer Support Help Desk at 398-3398.
LEAD - Leadership module
|Target population:||All staff members in management and excluded positions|
|Research tells us that supervisors spend at least 15-20% of their time dealing with various kinds of conflict and differences. This highly interactive program is designed to help participants deal more confidently and proficiently with day-to-day conflicts in their department, unit or work team. It also provides tools and approaches to identify and deal with difficult behaviours and people interactions that affect productivity, performance and ultimately morale and well-being.
* to increase comfort and confidence in managing day-to-day conflicts;
* to learn more about their own responses to conflict as well as when they need to adapt or change styles to achieve better outcomes;
* to explore ways to turn conflict into collaboration;
* to practice skills and approaches to deal with problem behaviours in a timely manner;
* to identify support structures within the McGill community to help deal with difficult situations;
* to explore the role of the supervisor in dealing with conflicts among two or more people on their teams.
Back to course listing.