Quick Links


Philippe Gros



Mailing adress:
Francesco Bellini Life Sciences Building. Room 336
3649 promenade Sir-William-Osler
Montreal, Quebec H3G 0B1

Contact Information
Office Phone:(514) 398-7291
Lab Phone: (514) 398-2542
Fax: (514) 398-2603

Danuta Radzioch



Mailing address:

McGill University Health Centre
1650 Cedar Avenue, Room L11-218
Montreal H3G 1A4
Office phone: (514) 934 1934 x44516


Marianna M. Newkirk


Assosiate Professor 

Mailing address
1650 Cedar Avenue, Room R4.141
Montreal, Quebec
H3G 1A4

Contact Information
Office Phone: (514) 934 1934 x44587
Lab Phone:

Undergraduate and summer students

people at work

Students at the upper (U3) undergraduate level may find opportunities to work in the Centre for the Study of Host Resistance through their home department's Honours program. In these courses, students undertake an independent laboratory research project under the supervision of departmental faculty who are also members of the Centre. The procedures for admission to the Honours programs are found within the individual departments.

Brian J. Ward


Associate Professor

Mailing address
1650 Cedar Avenue
Montreal, Quebec
H3G 1A4

Christos M. Tsoukas



Mailing Address
1650 Cedar Ave. Room A5.140
Montreal, Quebec
H3G 1A4

Contact information
Office phone: (514) 934 9134 x48035
Lab phone: (514) 934 9134 x42432


Tuberculosis is an infectious disease caused by Mycobacterium tuberculosis. These bacteria infect about one-third of the world's population, but only an estimated 5%-10% of infected people will develop the active form of tuberculosis in their lifetime. The other 90%-95% of people appear to be able to contain the infection in a dormant/latent state, so that they do not become ill. Because tuberculosis is so prevalent, an estimated eight million people develop active tuberculosis each year, of which 2 million to 3 million die.