Members of the department are currently engaged in a number of affiliated research projects ranging from the history of Montreal to the history of the Indian Ocean world.
Currently Funded Research Projects include:
- Gwyn Campbell, SSHRC Major Collaborative Research Initiative, "The Indian Ocean World: The Making of the First Global Economy in the Context of Human-Environment Interaction"
- Gwyn Campbell, FRQSC-ANR Propositions Franco-Québécois, "Forms of Human Bondage in the Indian Ocean World: Origins, Structures and Transformations"
- Brian Cowan, SSHRC Standard Research Grant, "The Sacheverell Trial: Media Politics and the State Trials in Early Modern Britain
- Elsbeth Heaman, FQRSC Nouveau Chercheur, "The Passions, the Interests and the Taxes"
- Brian Lewis, SSHRC Standard Research Grant, "Queering Britain: George Ives and Sexual Inversion freom Wilde to Wolfenden"
- Lorenz Luthi SSHRC Standard Research Grant, "The Cold War transformed, 1960s to 1980s" and FQRSC Nouveau Chercheur "La transformation de la guerre froide en Extrême-Orient, 1960-1979"
- Laila Parsons SSHRC Standard Research Grant, "Soldiering for Arab Nationalism: The Life and Times of Fawzi al-Qawuqj"
- Jarrett Rudy, FQRSC Nouveau Chercheur, "A History of Time in Quebec"
- Daviken Studnicki-Gizbert, SSHRC Standard Research Grant, "The Barrio's Colonial ConfigurationL Structures, Identities and Politics in the Popular Urban Quarters of San Luis Potosi Mexico, 1592-1767"
- Griet Vankeerberghen, SSHRC Standard Research Grant, "Conceiving the State through the Family: The Family in Early Imperial China in Rhetoric and Reality"
Archive of faculty publications: