You're here because you recently received your offer from McGill - Congratulations!
This site is here to help you confirm your offer, and to get you started as a McGill graduate student. It will refer you to the departments and resources you can use throughout your entire graduate experience. Explore this site, and if you're ready to confirm your offer, here's what's next:
- Accept your offer of admission on-line using your uApply account, and pay the confirmation deposit where applicable.
- Arrange for an official copy of your complete university academic record to be submitted directly by each institution you have attended. These official transcripts must be addressed to:
Management of Academic Records
3415 McTavish Street
Canada, H3A 0C8
- Check the second page of your offer of admission letter and ensure that you do not have any outstanding conditions. Please take the necessary steps to address all outstanding conditions as early as possible.
- Submit legal documents that could affect your tuition status.
- Use MINERVA to update your address, telephone number, and personal information.
- Create your personal McGill e-mail account (for help with this or other IT services, contact IT Services)
- Come to Graduate Orientation! Students on the downtown campus, please visit your First Year Office website. Students on Macdonald Campus, you will receive your invitation and schedule from your department coordinator.
"We are here for you and look forward to meeting and working with you"
Welcome from Student Services
On behalf of all staff within Student Services, I would like to congratulate you on your acceptance to McGill University. We are happy you chose McGill for your graduate education and are looking forward to welcoming you and to providing you with support throughout the duration of your academic career here.
Within McGill’s Student Services you will find a support system that is there to help you with your academic and personal needs. Through the Office of the Executive Director, Services for Students, these services, promoting student success and well-being, are available on the Downtown and Macdonald campuses to help students achieve greater academic, physical, and social well-being. During your time at McGill, we would like to ensure that you thrive both intellectually and socially.
Located mainly in the William & Mary Brown Student Services Building at 3600 McTavish Street, you will find Student Health Services, Mental Health Services, Counselling and Tutorial Services, Chaplaincy, Career Planning Service (CaPS), Scholarships and Student Aid, Campus Life & Engagement (including assistance for Francophone students) and the International Student Services. The Office for Students with Disabilities is located in the Redpath library building, and First People’s House is located on Peel Street. Macdonald Campus Student Services are located in the Centennial Centre.
I work closely with representatives from student groups to make sure that our services are in sync with your needs. Visit www.mcgill.ca/studentservices for useful information on the Student Services available to you during your stay at McGill. These resources are here for you to use from the beginning right through to the end of your academic career.
You can contact us at either the downtown campus (514-398-8238) or the Macdonald campus (514-398-7992), or via e-mail at student [dot] services [at] mcgill [dot] ca. We are here for you and look forward to meeting and working with you.
Welcome from the Post Graduate Student Society (PGSS)
The Post Graduate Students Society is an association of all graduate students and postdoctoral fellows at McGill. We are here to support you throughout your academic work at McGill and serve as a resource if you ever need help dealing with the university or life in Montreal.
We advocate for our members in meetings with the university and work with external groups to improve student life. In addition, we provide a social activities for our members via the restaurant and bar which we operate at Thomson House (3650 McTavish), trips we organize to other cities, and events we host at and around McGill.
The PGSS always wants to hear from our members and are very open to your ideas about how we can do better. Please visit Thomson House, join your departmental association, come to our council and general meetings, participate in our events, visit our website, or e-mail a member of the executive team if you have any questions or new ideas.
We hope your stay at McGill is an enjoyable one and look forward to hearing from you.