Congratulations and Welcome!
You have been offered admission to one of Canada’s leading research-intensive universities. Our graduates are acknowledged world-wide for their excellence in research, business and community service, and McGill is committed to providing you with the services and guidance you need to reach your goals. Accept your offer, register with us, and get ready to succeed!
I’ve just been admitted into McGill University, what should I do now?
- Accept your offer of admission on-line using your uApply account, and pay the confirmation deposit where applicable.
- Arrange for an official copy of your complete university academic record to be submitted directly by each institution you have attended. These official transcripts must be addressed to:
Management of Academic Records
3415 McTavish Street
Canada, H3A 0C8
- Check the second page of your offer of admission letter and ensure that you do not have any outstanding conditions. Please take the necessary steps to address all outstanding conditions as early as possible.
- Submit legal documents that could affect your tuition status.
- Use MINERVA to update your address, telephone number, and personal information.
- Review the steps to a successful registration, and then use MINERVA to register.
- Create your personal McGill e-mail account.
Graduate Welcome site - useful information to start your graduate life at McGill
Visit our site for newly admitted graduate students. It's packed with useful information to support your success as a graduate student at McGill.
Make sure to contact your department or academic unit one month prior to the beginning of term, and ensure that you attend their orientation sessions. Visit the First Year website for the information you need regarding orientation, and essential resources for graduate students.