Montreal Council on Foreign Relations (MCFR) Fellowship
|Program||Montreal Council on Foreign Relations (MCFR) Fellowship|
|It is an annual award of $ 20,000 for a non-renewable internship of six or twelve months.
|Deadline||15 September 2013|
|How to Apply||Students submit application form and required documents through their academic unit at McGill.|
The candidate must be
- Be 35 years of age or under at start of award;
- Be a Canadian citizen;
- Be enrolled in a full-time doctoral program at McGill.
Once awarded, the candidate must:
- Remain enrolled at the university for the duration of the course;
- Report periodically to the MCFR regarding costs incurred;
- Report research results to the MCFR at the end of training.
To qualify, candidates for the scholarship must submit a complete application package containing the following documents:
- The application form duly completed, dated, and signed;
- Curriculum vitae;
- A list of publications where applicable;
- A description of the research project with bibliography, including: the research question or problem, objectives, working hypothesis, methodology, and contribution to the advancement of knowledge in the field of international relations (maximum 3 pages);
- All official University level transcripts.
- The research potential of the candidate or the candidate;
- Academic excellence;
- The academic and professional experience;
- Communication skills;
- The following letters of recommendation (4) must be added to the file:
- A research director from the foreign host university speaking to the nature and importance of the research project;
- A supervisor from foreign host university where the applicant intends to conduct its research facility. That person should indicate the resources available to the host institution, including financial and material, as well as time supervision and guidance provided to support the candidate's research activities;
- Two other referees who must base their recommendation on the academic and professional excellence, research potential and skills of the candidate.