NEW THIS YEAR: Institutions are responsible for the submission of CIHR Doctoral Award applications through ResearchNet; applicants who identify McGill University as the “Institution Paid” (the institution to administer the funds) must submit their CIHR Doctoral Award application to ResearchNet by September 29th, 2014.
|Value & |
(up to 3 years)
|Deadline||McGill University deadline September 29, 2014|
|How to Apply||Online application and all supporting documents submitted directly to CIHR by deadline|
|Contact||Please contact CIHR directly|
|Apply to||Eligible students planning to identify McGill University as the "Institution Paid” (the institution to administer the funds) must submit their CIHR Doctoral Award application to ResearchNet by September 29th, 2014|
Consult the CIHR-ReaserchNet for the agency eligibility rules to apply for the award.
Students seeking support for interdisciplinary research in areas covered by more than one of NSERC, CIHR and SSHRC (for example, research in Biomedical Engineering) should consult with one of the granting agencies well before any applicable deadlines.
How to apply
Note: This funding opportunity requires the use of ResearchNet to apply for funding.
To complete your Application, follow the instructions identified in the Doctoral Research Award "Application" Phase Instructions.
An overview of CIHR's application processes can be found under "Apply for Funding" on the CIHR website
- Student fills out online application
- Student prints out signature page before finalizing application
- Student seeks appropriate signatures (see site for more details) for application
- Student saves application
- Student uploads transcripts (students must also request a hardcopy be sent to the unit or hand-delivered by student in a sealed envelope)
- Referee submits reference letters online
Signature pages on Doctoral applications
If McGill is selected as " Institution Paid” :
- Print the signature page PDF file which is found on ResearchNet.
- Verify the requirements for original signatures by consulting Required Signatures on Application Forms and Meaning of Signatures on Application Forms in the CIHR Grants and Awards Guide.
- Only Supervisor(s) Signatures are required. Printed names should always accompany signatures.
- No institutional signatures are required on the pages at the time of application.
- Scan and upload the signed signature pages, including the routing slip, as one PDF (not exceeding 30 MB), in the Print/Upload Signature Pages task in ResearchNet prior to submitting the application.
- All necessary signatures must be obtained and uploaded on ResearchNet prior to the Research Institution's (Institution Paid) deadline date.
- The Research Office will electronically approve and forward the application to CIHR, they are, in fact, confirming that all required signatures have been obtained.
If you have been awarded the above fellowship, please see Accepting, activating, and maintaining your award.