Stavros S. Niarchos Foundation Fellowships for Excellence in Graduate Education
- Applicant submits to Academic Unit: Deadline set by Academic Unit (e.g. mid-February)
- Academic Unit deadlines for nomination to GPS are: March 1st*
*If on a weekend or statutory holiday, submit the next business day.
Eligibility and Evaluation
Preference will be given to incoming students
- The candidate must be admitted or enrolled in a full-time graduate research program at McGill and hold a First Class CGPA as determined by McGill.
|Academic excellence||As demonstrated by past academic results, transcripts, awards and distinctions; academic record (first class average), scholarships and awards held, duration of previous studies, type of program and courses pursued, course load, relative standing (if available)||50%|
As demonstrated by the proposed research; its potential contribution to the advancement of knowledge in the field, and any anticipated outcomes; significance, feasibility, and merit of proposed research, scholarships and awards held, as well as by the applicant’s research history
As demonstrated by the applicant’s personal statement; candidate’s interest in discovery, and enthusiasm for research, leadership experience, academic and community involvement
|Recommendation of Academic Unit||
As demonstrated by the nomination letter
- Student submits complete application package to Academic Unit.
- Academic Unit communicates outcomes of their file review to applicants.
- Academic Unit prepares letter of nomination to be signed by Chair or designate.
- Academic Unit scans application package, complete with nomination letter, and submits via email to GPS (gradcomp [dot] gps [at] mcgill [dot] ca)
- GPS Graduate Funding's file review committee reviews the recommended files and selects the top candidate who will be offered the fellowship.
- GPS Graduate Funding notifies every applicant, whose application was recommended to GPS, and respective Academic Unit of the file review outcome.