Accelerated General Chemistry: Giants in Science
Chemistry: An advanced combined version of CHEM 110 and CHEM 120 that will emphasize developments in the chemical sciences that changed the way nature was
understood, focusing, where possible, on examples that led to Nobel Prizes.
Offered by: Chemistry
- Prerequisite: Grade 12 Chemistry
- Corequisites: PHYS 131 and MATH 140 or MATH 150
- Restrictions: Enrolment is restricted to students who have obtained a grade greater than 95% in their high school university preparatory chemistry course (e.g., the Ontario Grade 12 University Preparation Chemistry Course [SCH4U]). Not open to students who are taking or have taken CHEM 110 or CHEM 120.
- Note: CHEM 115 and (CHEM 110 plus CHEM 120) are considered equivalent from a prerequisite point of view. If you are planning on applying to medical school, note that some medical schools require applicants to have two general chemistry courses; at McGill you would have to take an additional physical chemistry course like CHEM 204 or equivalent to meet this requirement.
- This course is not scheduled for the 2012-2013 academic year.
- There are no professors associated with this course for the 2012-2013 academic year.