Cell and Molecular Laboratory
Biology (Sci): An introduction to laboratory techniques with a focus on methods used to investigate fundamental questions in modern cell and molecular biology. Techniques including gene cloning, DNA and protein isolation and manipulation are covered, along with functional analysis of genes and proteins, basic bioinformatics, and computer-based experimental design and data analysis.
Offered by: Biology
- Fall or Winter
- 1 hour lecture and one 6-hour laboratory
- Prerequisites: PHYS 102 or PHYS 142, BIOL 200, BIOL 201 or ANAT/BIOC 212, and BIOL 202. BIOL 206 recommended.
- Restrictions: Not open to students who have taken or are taking BIOC 300. Requires departmental approval.
- For approval email email@example.com. Specify your ID number as well as the term and lab day.
- Huanquan Zheng, Joseph Alan Dent, Nam Sung Moon
- Huanquan Zheng, Nam Sung Moon, Paul M. Harrison