- An article by Laura Madokoro in reaction to the US government’s immigration ban which bars people from seven predominantly Muslim-majority countries, Remembering the Voyage of the St-Louis. Published on line, ActiveHistory.ca, 7 February 2017.
- An important newspaper article from Montreal History Group member Paul-Étienne Rainville writing on the roots of the massacre in Quebec City Chronique d'une mort annoncée. Le Nouvelliste, 31 January 2017.
Black History Month
The Montreal History Group is delighted to take part in the celebrations of Black History Month. You are cordially invited to Délice Mugabo's talk titled "On Haunted Places: Encountering Slavery in 1990s Montreal"
Where and When:
McGill University | McGill Institute for the Study of Canada (MISC)
3463 Peel Street
Monday February 13th 2017
12 PM - 2 PM
For more information : On Haunted Places: Encountering Slavery in 1990s Montreal
• Daniel Ross: "The Heart of the City: Yonge Street as an avenue into Toronto's past." 23 February 2017 @ 5 pm, McGill University, 3438, McTavish, room 100
• Laurie Laplanche: "Fémina à Femme d’aujourd’hui : quand la radio et la télévision de Radio-Canada voulaient parler aux femmes au foyer (1937-1982)." 16 March 2017 @ 5 pm, UQAM, Pavillon Hubert-Aquin, 1255, Saint-Denis, room A-6290.
• Christine Elie: “'We are the Y.C.L.’: Youth and the Popular Front confront Montreal's Great Depression”. 23 March 2017 @ 5pm, McGill University, 3438, McTavish, room 100.