Ph.D (Genetics), 2009, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Thesis: Association study between HCC risk and polymorphisms of gene encoding carcinogen-metabolizing enzyme and genes in DNA repair pathway.
B.S.(Biological technology), 2003, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Thesis: Research of Apoptosis Induced by Mitomycin in CHO-K1 Cell Line and Effect on Cell Cycle.
Fudan University Shanghai, China Genetic Epidemiology Study
- Association study of polymorphisms in cytochrome P4501A1 and risk of HCC (Supervisor: Li Jin, Advisor: Yin Yao Shugart and Daru Lu). We examined the association between HCC and four selected tagging SNPs of CYP1A1 and the risk of CYP1A1 haplotypes/diplotypes in 1,006 pathologically confirmed HCC patients and 1,015 cancer-free controls from a Han Chinese population. We detected significantly increased HCC risk associated with variants of rs4646421 and rs4886605. Haplotype and diplotype analysis showed “TTGC” was associated with increased HCC risk. Our results suggested that common genetic variants in CYP1A1 may modulate the risk of developing HCC in the study population, particularly in non-smokers.
- Association studies of polymorphisms in double-strand break repair (DSBR) pathway and risk of HCC, glioma and lung cancer (Supervisor: Li Jin, Advisor: Daru Lu and Yin Yao Shugart) Double-strand break repair pathway is supposed to play a vital role in maintaining genomic stability, which in turn may have an effect on the risk of cancer. We explored the association between polymorphisms of the core genes in non-homologous end-joining (NHEJ) pathway and risk of multiple cancers. Our findings implicated the role of genetic variants in DSBR genes as susceptibility factors for cancer risk, especially the variants in XRCC5. Page 2 CV, Rui Li May 19, 2010
- Association study of genes in angiogenesis pathway and risk of glioma (Advisor: Daru Lu and Yin Yao Shugart) We used both hypotheses-driven (putative functional SNPs) and hypotheses-free (tag SNPs) strategy to select common SNPs in angiogenesis gene and examine their association with risk for glioma. After adjustments for multiple comparisons, the significant association was still noted for one haplotype “AGG”. For the three suggested associated SNPs (rs2010963, rs3024994 and rs3025030), we detected a notably significant trend to increase glioma risk for increasing numbers of adverse genotype.
- Whole genome NPL linkage analysis and FBAT study on RA (rheumatoid arthritis) with SNP data of GAW15 (Advisor: Yin Yao Shugart) We performed a genome wide linkage analysis with SNP dataset from NARAC provided as problem 2 of GAW15 using a quantitative phenotype “AntiCCP” by Merlin. Further, we also conducted qualitative linkage analysis by taking RA affection status as the phenotype and detected different signals across the genome. Evidence of linkage at 6p21.3 was replicated. And new linkage signals were observed on chromosomes 1, 3 and 11. The family based association test (FBAT) was used to conduct fine mapping with both phenotypes (AntiCCP and RA affection). Six SNPs remained significant after adjusted for current smoking status.
Genetic analysis software evaluation
Power and FPR (false positive rate) of FBAT with different parameter settings (poster on 2004 ASHG annual meeting) (Advisor: Yin Yao Shugart)
Comparison of LODPAL and GeneHunter with SNP data of GAW14 (report on Genetic Epidemiology) (Advisor: Yin Yao Shugart)
- Rui Li, Yao Zhao, Weiwei Fan, Hongyan Chen, Yuanyuan Chen, Yanhong Liu, /BOOKS Gong Chen, Keke Zhou, Fengping Huang, Ying Mao, Liangfu Zhou, Daru Lu, Yin Yao Shugart. Possible association between polymorphisms of human vascular endothelial growth factor A gene and susceptibility to glioma in a Chinese population. Int J Cancer, 10.1002/ijc.25306.
- Rui Li et al. Genetic polymorphisms in double-strand break DNA repair genes XRCC5, XRCC6 and susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma. In preparation.
- Yuan Yang, Yun Zhou, Ming Lu, Yu An, Rui Li, Yao Chen, Xiao-yan Liu, Da-ru Lu , Li Jin, Wei-ping Zhou, Ji Qian, Hong-yang Wang. Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 4 Polymorphisms Associated with the Risk of Hepatocellular Carcinoma in Patients with Aggressive Progression. Liver Int, Under review.
- Rui Li, Yin Yao Shugart, Weiping Zhou, Yu An, Yuan Yang, Yun Zhou, Beibei Zhang, Daru Lu, Hongyang Wang, Ji Qian, Li Jin. Common genetic variations of the cytochrome P450 1A1 gene and risk of hepatocellular carcinoma in a Chinese population. Eur J Cancer, 2009 May;45(7):1239-47.
- Wenqing Fu, Yi Wang, Ying Wang, Rui Li, Rong Lin, Li Jin. Missing call bias in high-throughput genotyping. BMC Genomics. 2009 Mar 13;10:106.
- Ji Qian, Jianying Jing, Guangfu Jin, Haifeng Wang, Yi Wang, Hongliang Liu, Haijian Wang, Rui Li, Weiwei Fan, Yu An, Weiwei Sun, Yi Wang, Hongxia Ma, Ruifeng Miao, Zhibin Hu, Li Jin, Qingyi Wei, Hongbing Shen, Wei Huang, Daru Lu. Association between polymorphisms in the GSTA4 gene and risk of lung cancer: A case-control study in a Southeastern Chinese population. Mol Carcinog, 2009 Mar;48(3):253-9.
- Yu An, Guangfu Jin, Haifeng Wang, Yi Wang, Hongliang Liu, Rui Li, Haijian Wang, Ji Qian, Weiwei Sun, Yi Wang, Hongxia Ma, Ruifeng Miao, Zhibin Hu, Li Jin, Qingyi Wei，Hongbing Shen, Wei Huang, Daru Lu. Polymorphisms in hMLH1 and risk of early-onset lung cancer in a southeast Chinese population. Lung Cancer, 2008 Feb;59(2):164-70. Epub 2007 Sep 17.
- Yanhong Liu, Haishi Zhang, Keke Zhou, Lina Chen, Zhonghui Xu, Yu Zhong, Hongliang Liu, Rui Li, Yin Yao Shugart, Qingyi Wei, Li Jin, Fengping Huang, Daru Lu and Liangfu Zhou. Tagging SNPs in Nonhomologous End-Joining Pathway Genes and Risk of Glioma. Carcinogenesis, 2007. 28(9): 1906-13.
- Yin Yao Shugart, Lina Chen , Rui Li, Terri Beaty. Family-based linkage disequilibrium tests using general pedigrees. Methods Mol Bio, 2007. 376: 141-9.
- Rui Li, Yi Xiong, Hongying Chen, Congyi Zheng, Sanfu Qu. Reseach of Apoptosis Induced by Mytomycin in CHO-K1 Cell Line and Effect on Cell Cycle. Journal of Wuhan University (Natural Science Edition), 2004. 50(2):251-5. In Chinese.