This year mark the 50th anniversary of McGill at Mont St. Hilaire
Early in the 20th century, Brigadier Andrew Hamilton Gault purchased an isolated piece of wild land where he had spent part of his childhood. Throughout his life, he sought to protect the ecological integrity of the mountain, and eventually decided to pass this mission on. In 1958, Brigadier Gault left his property to McGill University.
On Saturday, November 13, 2004 the fire department of Mont-Saint-Hilaire and Gault Nature Reserve organized a rescue simulation as a traning exercice. This gave the opportunity to execute the procedures for emergency intervention.
The Ants that Quietly Rule Mont St. Hilaire
-- by Jonathan Shik