The Mont St. Hilaire Nature Centre is a non-profit organization authorized by McGill University to ensure public access to the mountain. The Nature Centre is financed primarily by entrance and membership fees.
Daily admission charges
|Child 0 to 5||Free|
|Youth 6 to 17||$2.50|
|Adult 18 to 64||$6.00|
Admission for university classes
University classes can arrange to visit the mountain at no charge, but it is necessary to contact david [dot] maneli [at] mcgill [dot] ca (David Maneli) a week in advance of the class visit.
Hours of access
The Gault Nature Reserve is open every day from 8:00 am to 1 hour before sunset.
Regulations governing visitors
Some activities are incompatible with our goal of protecting the ecological integrity of the reserve so that it can be appreciated by future generations. The following restrictions therefore apply throughout the reserve, and to visitors from the University as well as the general public. Visitors shall NOT:
- Feed, molest, trap or hunt animals
- Collect plants or minerals
- Release any animals or introduce any plants
- Camp or build campfires
- Open any new trails or make shortcuts along existing trails
- Operate snowmobiles or other vehicles
- Operate motorcycles or bicycles in the reserve
- Ride horses
- Walk dogs or other animals, with the exception of guide dogs
- Swim, wade, boat or fish on Lac Hertel
- Hang glide
- Play ball