DECLARING YOUR INDIGENOUS ANCESTRY
All Indigenous students are encouraged to self-declare their ancestry when completing their application for admission.
By declaring your Indigenous ancestry you'll have access to:
- Enhanced services for Indigenous students
- Social and cultural events
- Job and Career postings
- Indigenous scholarships, bursaries and awards
- Information about First Peoples’ House on-campus Residence
- An Honoring Ceremony and scarf upon Convocation
How to declare Indigenous ancestry:
You can declare your ancestry when completing your "Application for Admission, Readmission or Internal Transfer" form.
If you did not declare your Indigenous ancestry on your initial application form and would like to do so, you can fill out the form below.
McGill University and the First Peoples’ House are committed to protecting the privacy of each student. The personal information you provide will only be disclosed for purposes intended above.