To provide First Nations, Inuit and Métis students attending McGill with a "home away from home", where they can find support and encouragement to succeed in their studies and remain connected to their culture.
Our goals are:
- To help increase the admission and retention rates of Indigenous students studying at McGill.
- To promote and increase the accessibility of Student Services at McGill to Indigenous students.
- To meet the concerns of Indigenous communities which include educational programming and policies which are culturally relevant to Indigenous peoples.
- To raise awareness within the McGill University community regarding the past, present, and future aspirations of Indigenous peoples through the promotion of activities that encourage personal, social, intellectual, and cultural interactions between Indigenous and McGill students and staff.
- Collaborate and engage with the McGill, local and national First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities to support Indigenous student issues.
- To ensure and enhance the continuity and prosperity of First Peoples’ House services