Applications for the FMT program can be submitted using McGill University's online APPLICATION FORM.
Please read the Entrance Requirements found on the Program Information page.
March 1, 2017.
There are two methods of applying to the FMT program. Students can apply through SRAM, whose deadline is March 1 for Quebec students. Students may also apply directly to FMT through the McGill website (see link above) by applying by March 1st for Canadian students. If spaces remain in the program after selections are completed, more Canadian applications may be considered.
Keep in mind that after you apply, we must receive all of your supporting documents before we can reach a decision on your application.
In order to have enough time to obtain the necessary travel documents, the deadline for international students to apply is January 15.
Need help applying?
What you will need:
- Transcripts from your high school and any post-secondary studies taken (complete record from Secondary IV (grade 10) to present) Upload these in Minerva after applying
- Quebec Permanent Code (if you have studied at any level in Quebec)
- A credit card is required to complete the online application form. Visa, Mastercard or American Express are accepted. International students must also use a credit card to submit their application, money transfers are not accepted.
If you find you are missing information, you may stop at any time and return to your application by re-entering your Login ID and PIN.
Useful tips for your application:
- You will have to create an ID and a PIN for yourself. Follow the instructions. Write it down.
- Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk (*)
- If you make a mistake, the system will tell you after you hit “continue”. You will not be allowed to move to the next page until you correct the mistake.
- Application Type - For this Farm Management and Technology (FMT) program, select “Undergraduate / Professional”
- Term selection - FMT only accepts applications for the Fall semester.
- Program Selection - Select the "Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences", Select the "Diploma in Farm Management and Technology" as Program
- The email address you provide us is very important because we will use it to contact you upon receipt of your application **We only contact students by email
- Test taken - no tests are required to be taken for the FMT program but we expect you to be able to communicate and to write in English and have basic communication skills in French
Incorrect information on your application?
If you realize that there is a mistake on your application after you’ve submitted it, contact Service Point.
If you need more help with your application, please contact the FMT liaison officer at 514-398-7818 or fmt.macdonald [at] mcgill.ca (by email.)