Date: Early June 2016 - Check back for the exact date or stay tuned to your inbox for an email invitation from Campus Life & Engagement
For: all newly accepted CEGEP students who have confirmed their acceptance and will be starting their studies at McGill in September 2015.
What: In anticipation of Minerva registration becoming available to CEGEP students in early June, this orientation event will give you the opportunity to inform yourself about course regulations and registration procedures. It is also a chance to meet senior students, staff from Campus Life & Engagement and Student Services as well as Faculty and/or Departmental Advisers.
Topics covered will include:
- Understanding the e-calendar and the structure of programs at McGill
- Making the most of your academic advising sessions
- Introduction to academics - i.e. course credits, required courses vs. complementary vs. elective courses, majors/minors, etc.
- Campus resources and the people of McGill
- Minerva registration “how-to” and an introduction to the Visual Schedule Builder
CSI McGill Schedule
- Check back for the schedule of events and activities
CL&E will be sending out e-mail invites in May to all newly admitted CEGEP students. Invites will be sent to the e-mail address that you used to apply to McGill, so make sure to check your inboxes regularly!
For further information, please contact Campus Life & Engagement (CLE) at 514-398-6913 or firstyear [at] mcgill [dot] ca (e-mail us).