Orientation Week/Frosh @ McGill
The focus is on you during Orientation Week and the different events and Froshes at McGill provide fun and exciting opportunities for everyone in our diverse student population. That's why we ask all new undergraduate students to be on campus the week before school starts. Orientation Week and Froshes are not only a great way to make new friends during your first week at McGill, but also give students a chance to explore the world-class city of Montreal before hitting the books!
Campus Life & Engagement’s Discover McGill day occurs on the Tuesday of Orientation Week and is the campus-wide orientation event for all new McGill undergraduate students. Froshes are multi-day events run by student organizations and bring new students together in a social environment. They are an excellent way to get oriented to the city and to social life at McGill. You can register for your Faculty Frosh or for any of the Non-Faculty Froshes.
Frosh registration and bag-pick-up booths are set-up on the Y-intersection on the downtown campus after move-in.
Here's a quick peek at this year's 2014 schedule:
- Saturday/Sunday, August 23 & 24 – Residence Move-In Days (Date depends on the Residence to which you are assigned.)
- Monday, August 25 – Rez Fest & Off-Campus Fest Day
- Tuesday, August 26 - Discover McGill Day (University & Faculty Orientation events)
- Wednesday, August 27 *– Discover McGill’s Academic Expectations Day
- Thursday, August 28 - Sunday, August 31 * Various Orientation and Frosh Events
- Monday, September 1 - Labour Day (University Closed)
- Tuesday, September 2 - Classes Start
Click on McGill Orientation Week 2014 for more information and to register for orientation events and activities!
* Please check on your Faculty's websites for possibilities of Advising sessions on those days.