- Want to improve your facilitation, leadership, peer-coaching and communication skills?
- Interested in challenging yourself to lead workshops?
- Looking to make a meaningful contribution to the McGill community?
The Facilitator Leadership Team Program is a great students-helping-students volunteer program, which gives 25 to 30 students an opportunity to build leadership capacities in relation to leading workshops, public speaking, peer-coaching and facilitation. Successful candidates are trained on March 15 and 16 and have the opportunity to give workshops starting at the end of March.
Each year, members of our Facilitator Leadership Team develop their leadership skills and sense of self-efficacy within a diverse cohort of like-minded peers through participative group activities, workshops, and more! They tell us about how their experiences have helped them to expand their horizons and gain valuable life skills, all while contributing to the enrichment of McGill’s student life.
Applications to be a member of the Facilitator Leadership Team Program were accepted until MARCH 5, 2014.
- Interested students must be attending McGill for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Successful candidates need to be available for Facilitator Training on Saturday, March 15 and Sunday, March 16, 2014 from 10:00 to 16:30 (tbc).
- Each member of the Facilitator Team will facilitate a minimum of eight (8) workshops* in the next academic year.
- Three (3) training sessions for team members will be given during the 2014/15 academic year - these sessions are optional.
- Team members receive certificates of facilitation training completion after completing the program.
The recruitment period for this program is now closed.
*Workshops include Emerging Leader mini-workshops, Core Training for Student Services' volunteers, Orientation Group Leader training and, with additional training Server Training (info coming soon).
If you have questions, please contact Campus Life & Engagement at 514-398-6913 or email: leadership [dot] training [at] mcgill [dot] ca