Kuujjuaq is the largest northern village (Inuit community) in Nunavik. Kuujjuaq lies 48 km upstream from Ungava Bay. Trainees are flown to Kuujjuaq.The teaching site is part of the Ungava Tulattavik Health Centre.
This site is accredited to Université Laval. McGill residents must fill a Quebec Interuniversity Rotations request form available at: http://www.mcgill.ca/pgme/current-trainees/elective-rotations/quebec-int....
McGill students need also to fill the Crepuq interuniversity elective request form at http://www.mcgill.ca/ugme-electives/mcgill-students.
• 2 trainees per period (6 periods per year from July to December)
LENGTH OF ROTATION
• 1 month
• Spoken: French with staff and English with patients
• Charting: French and English
CLINICAL EXPOSURE AND LEARNING EXPERIENCES
Rotation primarily done in Hospital
Trainees can be exposed to:
• Home Care/Visits
• Minor Procedures
• Pre Natal and Post Natal Care
• Visits to other villages (on occasion)
• Walk-in Clinic
• Ward and Patient Services
• Other clinical exposures: Medivac
► The trainees assigned supervisor may change during the course of their rotation.
OTHER INTERESTING INFORMATION
Hospital provides primary healthcare services
• 1 356 Admissions/year
• 871 outpatient visits/year
• 15 beds
• 80 deliveries/year