If you've been assigned as eCalendar content reviewer for your academic or administrative unit, the following information will help you familiarize with the software and procedures involved. You may also refer to the Training and Support section for further details.
Software and Tools
Note: You cannot print your eCalendar topic from XMAX. If you need to work with a printed copy, please contact ecalendarsupport [dot] es [at] mcgill [dot] ca to request a PDF of your topic.
In order to get familiar with the new software and process, please take some time to review the following guides.
- New and Improved! Tutorial Video, approximately 7 minutes
- Project Overview
- Remote Desktop Instructions for Mac and Linux users
- (Also available: Original Tutorial Video, approximately 20 minutes)
You may print out the following reference guides and keep them handy.
- Getting Started - eCalendar (last updated Oct. 6, 2016)
- Quick Steps (last updated Oct. 6, 2016)
- eCalendar Style Guide (including university abbreviations; also available in PDF version; last updated Oct. 24, 2016)
- eCalendar Procedures - Updating Courses (last updated Oct. 6, 2016)
- eCalendar Procedures - Updating Programs (last updated Oct. 6, 2016)
- eCalendar User Guide (last updated Oct. 6, 2016)
Additional Guides for Faculty Coordinators
eCalendar Publishing Schedule
For any given academic year, the various sections of the eCalendar are published in the following order:
- March: Undergraduate eCalendar
- April: Continuing Studies eCalendar
- May: Health Sciences eCalendar
- June: Continuing Studies eCalendar (2nd Edition)
- July: Graduate & Postdoctoral eCalendar
- August: Undergraduate eCalendar (2nd Edition)
- January: Summer Studies eCalendar