Projects available include workshop development, community outreach, tutoring clinic development, public education, fundraising, food-drive coordination, oral storytelling, and more. This list is has many amazing opportunities in various communities but you can come and see us if you'd like to hear about other options.
- They YWCA is looking for women interested in making birthday cards for other volunteers. Come on Wednesdays from 2-5pm with friends or make some when you get there. Contact Amelie at benevolat [at] ydesfemmesmtl [dot] org or 514.866.9941 x513.
- St. Mary's Hospital Center is looking for musicians to come play their instruments for geriatric patients at the hospital. Not only will you enhance their quality of life, stimulation and promote social interaction, but the shifts are very flexible and rewarding! Fill out the application form to get involved.
- Share the Warmth (Pointe-St-Charles) has amazing tutoring programs in math and science on Fridays between 4 and 7pm. They are also starting an intergenerational Collective Cooking program starting March 11th. Sign up for one or sign up for all. Fill out the application form if you are interested.
- Carrefour jeunesse-emploi de Côte-des-Neiges is looking for French-speaking tutors for their amazing program for high school students held on Mondays or Wednesdays between 3:00pm and 5:00pm. If you are interested please contact Sandra at cayosandra01 [at] gmail [dot] com.
- There are a wide range of volunteer opportunities available at Head & Hands, from child care to archiving, graphic design and tutoring. Contact cat [dot] sede [at] mcgill [dot] ca to get in the door of this amazing organization.
- The very hip W.O.R.D. is looking for advice on efficient and eye-catching blogging, web design and social media. This organization is not a hard sell! They work on literacy with marginalized youth through positive hip hop music and culture. Contact Lynn Worrell at lynn [at] writingourrhymesdown [dot] org to get involved.
- The Yellow Door (Milton-Parc) is always looking for volunteers to work in their senior's programs. Fill out the application form if you are interested.
- Innovation Jeunes (Downtown) is looking for French tutors for their high school completion program catering to youth between the ages of 17 and 22. Email Kay at kthellot [at] direction [dot] ca.
- CCS Community Services offers services and activities for all ages. They have many interesting volunteer positions open. We encourage you to check them out and contact them at benevole [at] ccs-montreal [dot] org or call 514 937-5351.
- AIDS Community Care Montreal (Plateau-Mont-Royal) has a wide variety of volunteer positions in their SextED program (responding to youth via text message), translators, the drop-in centre on Mondays and communications and multi-media. Please fill out the application form if you are interested.
- Youth In Motion (Little Burgundy) works to empower 12 to 17 year olds through the creation and execution of programs and activities that encourage development and positive attitudes.
- Tyndale St-Georges Community Centre (Little Burgundy) has teen homework help, an afterschool program for elementary school and a pre-employability program with volunteer needs. Contact the lovely Denise at volunteer [at] tyndalestgeorges [dot] com.
- The Multi-Ethnic Association for the Integration of Persons with Disabilities (Mile-End) is looking for help with their community outreach and public relations. Please contact Zdravka at 514 272-0680 for more information.
- Maison de l'Amitié is looking for French and English teachers for small classes of adults as well as discussion facilitators in English or French. Contact the ever-inviting Dora-Marie at experience [at] maisondelamitie [dot] ca.
- Baobab Familial is looking for tutors and volunteers to go to family residences and help out around the house. It doesn't get better than that so contact Anne-Marie Desmarais, Volunteer Coordinator, at 514-734-4097.
- DESTA, The Black Youth Network (Little Burgundy) is always raising the bar with their programs and events. They are looking for volunteers to help with fundraising, marketing, tutoring youth who wish to complete high school and administrative duties. Contact friendsofdesta [at] gmail [dot] com or call 514-932-7597 to get involved.
If you have more questions or to pick up your bus/metro tickets contact cat [dot] sede [at] mcgill [dot] ca