CAT volunteer placements
Want to get involved in the Montreal community and don't know where to begin?
The Community Action Toolkit (CAT) has everything you need to start volunteering!
CAT provides advising, support, workshops and resources (including bus/metro tickets) to the McGill community.
What to expect:
1 - An average time commitment of 3-4 hours a week,
2 - Access to workshops that will work to enhance your volunteer experience,
3 - A one or two semester commitment to your placement.
How to start volunteering:
1 - Look at the volunteer opportunities on our website to find a placement that interests you or contact the cat [dot] sede [at] mcgill [dot] ca (Community Engagement Advisor) to get more information. Join the Facebook group to keep up to date on events and opportunities.
2 - Fill out the following Individual CAT Application Form and email it to cat [dot] sede [at] mcgill [dot] ca . You will only need to fill this out once during your time at McGill (in some cases, you will need to fill out an application form with the community organization as well).
3 - Someone at CAT will be in touch with you to follow up on your volunteering interests!
Benefits of joining
- Become the change you seek. Be part of a community of change agents and community-based organizations around Montreal dedicated to social change.
- Hands-on learning. Your learning is supported through volunteer training and other community-based learning activities and events offered throughout the year.
- Have access to funding for innovative student-led projects that address the needs of various Montreal communities and organizations.
- Earn valuable work and leadership experience.
- Receive support for your commitment (Letter of attestation from the Dean of Students, bus/metro tickets courtesy of the SEDE office).
- 20% discount voucher courtesy of the McGill Bookstore.
- Earn class credit (arranged on a case-by-case basis, with the support of your instructor).
For more information
Follow us on:
Sign up for the CAT listserv:
cat [dot] sede [at] mcgill [dot] ca