Projects available include workshop development, community outreach, tutoring clinic development, public education, fundraising, food-drive coordination, oral storytelling, and more. This list has many amazing opportunities in various communities but you can come and see us if you'd like to hear about other options.
- Carrefour jeunesse-emploi de Côte-des-Neiges is looking for French-speaking tutors for their amazing program for high school students held on Mondays or Wednesdays between 3:00pm and 5:00pm. If you are interested please contact Sandra at cayosandra01 [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Toujours ensemble is always looking for mentors for their secondary school youth for 90 minutes a week between 4pm and 8pm. They offer an amazing opportunity and learning potential and are located right next to the metro! Contact Sophie at sophie [dot] latour [at] toujoursensemble [dot] org to start in January.
- There are a wide range of volunteer opportunities available at Head & Hands, from child care to archiving, graphic design and tutoring. Contact cat [dot] sede [at] mcgill [dot] ca to get in the door of this amazing organization.
- The very hip W.O.R.D. is looking for advice on efficient and eye-catching blogging, web design and social media. This organization is not a hard sell! They work on literacy with marginalized youth through positive hip hop music and culture. Contact Lynn Worrell at lynn [at] writingourrhymesdown [dot] org to get involved.
- The Yellow Door (Milton-Parc) is always looking for volunteers to work in their senior's programs. Fill out the application form if you are interested.
- It is the perfect time to start volunteering at Innovation Jeunes (Downtown). They need tutors in their high school completion program catering to youth between the ages of 17 and 22. Email Kay at kthellot [at] direction [dot] ca.
- AIDS Community Care Montreal (Plateau-Mont-Royal) has a wide variety of volunteer positions in their SextED program (responding to youth via text message), translators, the drop-in centre on Mondays and communications and multi-media. Please fill out the application form if you are interested.
- Share the Warmth (Pointe-St-Charles) has amazing tutoring programs in math and science on Fridays between 4 and 7pm. Fill out the application form if you are interested.
- DESTA, The Black Youth Network (Little Burgundy) is always raising the bar with their programs and events. They are looking for volunteers to help with fundraising, marketing, tutoring youth who wish to complete high school and administrative duties. Contact friendsofdesta [at] gmail [dot] com or call 514-932-7597 to get involved.
- Youth In Motion (Little Burgundy) works to empower 12 to 17 year olds through the creation and execution of programs and activities that encourage development and positive attitudes.
- Tyndale St-Georges Community Centre (Little Burgundy) has teen homework help, an afterschool program for elementary school and a pre-employability program with volunteer needs. Contact the lovely Denise at volunteer [at] tyndalestgeorges [dot] com.
- The Multi-Ethnic Association for the Integration of Persons with Disabilities (Mile-End) is looking for help with their community outreach and public relations. Please contact Zdravka at 514 272-0680 for more information.
- Homework Zone After School Mentoring Program in Verdun and Lasalle is looking for tutors/mentors to commit to weekly sessions in elementary schools. Email hz [dot] sede [at] mcgill [dot] ca as positions go fast!
- Maison de l'Amitié is looking for French and English teachers for small classes of adults as well as discussion facilitators in English or French. Contact the ever-inviting Dora-Marie at experience [at] maisondelamitie [dot] ca.
- Baobab Familial is looking for tutors and volunteers to go to family residences and help out around the house. It doesn't get better than that so contact Anne-Marie Desmarais, Volunteer Coordinator, at 514-734-4097.
- Homework Help at the Kahnawake Survival School is looking for tutors for Aboriginal youth beginning in January. Contact asp [dot] sede [at] mcgill [dot] ca for more information.
If you have more questions or to pick up your bus/metro tickets contact cat [dot] sede [at] mcgill [dot] ca