The DESA executive is an elected student organization in the Department that represents every student who has declared a Major, Minor, or Honours concentration in an English program. As a social, cultural, political, and educational organization for students, DESA performs the functions of student government and representation at the departmental level.
The executive holds weekly office hours for peer advising; plans social events such as readings, wine and cheese receptions, and weekend trips; provides opportunities for extracurricular creative work; offers liaison with faculty and administration on behalf of students; and informs students of the goings-on within the department and in the Montreal community.
DESA holds a daily office hour with two executive members from different streams present to advise students. The schedule can be found on our door ARTS 305 or on our Facebook page.
If there’s anything DESA can help you with, from suggesting/advertising events to peer-to-peer advice, get in touch with the executive!
2016-2017 DESA executive:
- President: Oscar PG Lecuyer (oscar.lecuyer [at] mail.mcgill.ca)
- VP Academic: Danijela Stojkovic (danijela.stojkovic [at] mail.mcgill.ca)
- VP Communications: Zoe Vnak (zoe.vnak [at] mail.mcgill.ca)
- VP External (AUS Representative): Madeleine Cruikshank (madeleine.cruikshank [at] mail.mcgill.ca)
- VP Finance: Alexandra Toutant (alexandra.toutant [at] mail.mcgill.ca)
- VP Internal: Zoe Shaw (zoe.shaw [at] mail.mcgill.ca)
- VP Events: Emily Mernin (emily.mernin [at] mail.mcgill.ca)
- VP Journals & Affiliates: Anne Dion (anne.dion [at] mail.mcgill.ca)
- Cultural Studies Representative: Ian Rodgers (ian.rodgers [at] mail.mcgill.ca)
- Drama & Theatre Representative: Desiree Goldwater (desiree.goldwater [at] mail.mcgill.ca).
- Literature Representative: Thomas McDonald (thomas.McDonald [at] mail.mcgill.ca)